Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4x4 to pull double horse box.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭M25

Okay thanks a mill! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Land Cruisers are not without their faults too, especially injectors. My bro in law and a neighbour bought brand new ones at the same time in 07. Bro in laws still running perfect and flawless. Neighbour sold his 2 years ago after second set of injectors and numerous other parts replaced. Haveva friend with one and same problem.
    My sister has a 3.2 shogun and has had very little problems apart from flywheel and someone robbing the cat off it. Terrible on diesel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

M25 wrote: »
    Okay thanks a mill! :)

I.had a pajaro sport

Was a great machine never a days trouble with it

I liked it.
    I travelled d country pulling 2 horses
    Nice and comfortable and not too bad on diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

@M25

I was just doing soemthing similar myself. Ended up going for a '02 Landcruiser. So far so god. very good to pull (2 horses 15'2 & 16'1). Hard on juice (best of 27 MPG - not pulling, long distance).

Hi Plannerscanner,

I was worried about going to low in the year. But 02 would be okay. Would you use yours for everyday use as well or just pulling? What size litre is yours?
    Thanks a mill :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Monflat! What size engine is your Pajero?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Thanks Monflat! What size engine is your Pajero?

2.5 diesel.

Have you a rough budget

I need to trade in my 08 Seat Ibiza. I think I might get about 5000 for it so I'm hoping to spend about 5500 for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Hi Plannerscanner,

I was worried about going to low in the year. But 02 would be okay. Would you use yours for everyday use as well or just pulling? What size litre is yours?
    Thanks a mill :)

The 98-07 range are renowned for their reliability. There were issues with the new range from 07 to present but from what I hear they have been ironed out. In any event the newer model was well out of my range. I try to avoid domestic use of the jeep unless it's a long journey - just cant get the value otherwise. It's a 3.0Ltr so is very hard on the juice. (27 MPG might be a bit optimistic). You can generally pick up a clean enough 02 for between 3500 and 4500. I went to a dealer for peace of mind but if you know your stuff or have a friend who does then absolute bargains can be picked up from private sellers.

Best of luck with it

Advertisement