Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H.Dip in Web Technologies

• 15-09-2010 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Has anyone done this course and can they recommend it? It starts on Monday and I just want to know if it will give me a good grounding in web mastering and the such. The site doesn't go into much detail so would love to hear from someone who has done the course and whether it sets you up for jobs afterwards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭physter

As far as I know it's the first year that course has been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

filmfan wrote: »
    Has anyone done this course and can they recommend it? It starts on Monday and I just want to know if it will give me a good grounding in web mastering and the such. The site doesn't go into much detail so would love to hear from someone who has done the course and whether it sets you up for jobs afterwards?

Avoid NCI like the plague. Everyone I know thats in the Masters programme were lied about the supports and currency of the content. This is standard fair for NCI.

I would gladly elaborate over PM if you wish.

SolarNexus wrote: »
    Everyone I know thats in the Masters programme were lied about the supports and currency of the content. .

Conversely, I'm doing the masters in web technologies and I don't agree with this sentiment. It's a bit shaky getting off the blocks being the first year of a new course, but not so much to affect me in any real way.

feel free to pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

physter wrote: »
    Conversely, I'm doing the masters in web technologies and I don't agree with this sentiment. It's a bit shaky getting off the blocks being the first year of a new course, but not so much to affect me in any real way.

feel free to pm me.

You would know better than I, actually being in the course yourself, but from what I hear about the sorts of things people are doing such as still doing basic Linux command line stuff boggles the mind.

Well that's one module called deployment which deals with designing, deploying and maintaining a production web server, which is pretty fundamental to Web Technologies.

We've had some classes in that module learning BASH commands as that is what is needed in order to set up a web server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement