Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health Insurance for new born

• 15-09-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭

I know cover is free until next renewal date but if a child is born with a condition which may or may not lead to having to spend time in Crumlin during the next couple of months do i just add the baby to my VHI policy as normal with my last child or do i have to tell them about the condition he was born with?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

With a new baby they're fully covered from their date of birth (that's the date they enter into the system when you phone). I rang them when mine was 6 months to add him and that's what I was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Das Kitty wrote: »
    With a new baby they're fully covered from their date of birth (that's the date they enter into the system when you phone). I rang them when mine was 6 months to add him and that's what I was told.

Yeah the little fella came early, 6 days before insurance renewal date :eek:
    But do i need to go into more detail about the condition he was born with so that

a. they will increase the premium

or

b. they mightn't cover him :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They dont ask you any questions about preexisting conditions (at least they didnt for me) anyway it's not preexisting if the baby was born with it and the start date is their birth date. All they asked me for was his name and DOB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it might be worth while increasing your level of cover.

Advertisement