Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual 3D Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

That is really impressive. Definitely something city planners could put to great use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

T'was good

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

thats excellent, looks like a lot of work has gone into it, but i didnt spot the claddagh or spanish arch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

That's brilliant. Would there be a Dublin version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Hmmm yes, filed under 'Awesome'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Aaaaah... doesn't it look smarter than the real thing :D

The joys of virtual reality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Excellent, well done to all involved.
    thats excellent, looks like a lot of work has gone into it, but i didnt spot the claddagh or spanish arch
    Spanish Arch is @ 2:28 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I hope there's Grand Theft Auto Galway or somesuch in the works...

edit: Goddamnit - next time I'll read the article first...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Excellent, well done to all involved.

Spanish Arch is @ 2:28 ;)

ah so it is. i was thinkin more along the lines of the middle arch pointing towards the claddagh, but im sure on a sunny day like that in galway, it would probably be full of buckfast revellers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

That's fantastic.

But it really should have a shot of a bottle of Bucky, and a group of kids drinking in the bushes somewhere ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

That was lovely. It would actually remind you that we are living in quite a charming little city.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Wowwwwww... The info link isn't working. What's it all about?

That is pretty cool. But did anyone else notice that from 1:40-1:53 the same guy turns up about 10 times? He seems to be holding a red bag and a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

That is pretty cool. But did anyone else notice that from 1:40-1:53 the same guy turns up about 10 times? He seems to be holding a red bag and a cup of coffee.

The dude's are most likely from stock pictures of people for use in architectural visualisations, a 2d photo applied to a flat plane can look the part as long as the camera is looking at it head on, looks impressive especially if it was renderd in realtime.

Advertisement