Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC fight night 22 on tonight on espn **Spoilers inside**

• 15-09-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

Just putting it up here so people set the recordings or don't miss out on this..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Thanks for the heads up, but there is no way I am staying up watching this one live, nothing but f**king adverts every few mins. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Cole Miller/Ross Pearson 5/1 for fight of the night with Paddy, surely worth a few quid. Miller is a durable and a fairly game fighter and Pearson is as hard as nails, I expect it to be an exciting fight.
    The amount of ads are horrendous on these Fight Nights, I'll wait until the weekend to watch it, it's hard to avoid the results though. I'll have to unfollow this thread straight away, I got badly caught out the last day as I forgot about the emails from boards as I'm new to the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I will not watching this live. I have it recorded.

EDIT: To be confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

What time does it start Irish time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

What time does it start Irish time??

1am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I had forgotten this was on until about 6pm this evening. Will consider watching it tomorrow though.... bloody ad-breaks do my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

Cole Miller/Ross Pearson 5/1 for fight of the night with Paddy, surely worth a few quid. Miller is a durable and a fairly game fighter and Pearson is as hard as nails, I expect it to be an exciting fight.

i think this could be a great fight. surely miller has a massive reach advantage though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

gonna stay up for this one :D i think that fight of the night bet might be worth a few quid on it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Didnt realise it was on the tele. A pleasant surprise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

few little bets on tonight for bit of interest...work tomorrow will require some coffee :D

Miller via sub 9/2
    Palhares win 85/40
    Oliveira win 6/4

done on betfair, so with deciminal conversion get some weird odds like 85/40

edit - thats cole miller via sub btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

I did two seperate bets:

Multiplier on Marquart, Miller, Pearson and Oliveria at about 7/1
    and

Pearson for Fight of the Night at 5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Any streams please?

*edit* best I can find: http://www.firstrow.net/watch/23541/1/watch-spiketv.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Met Cole Miller 3 weeks ago tomorrow, real gent, hope he does the business here

TheProdigy wrote: »
    Met Cole Miller 3 weeks ago tomorrow, real gent, hope he does the business here

i like pearson, he has real heart, im up for him.

fcukin adds on these fight nights would drive you mad

Close first round, Cole needs to let his right leg go more

EDIT Fcuk, great finish!

1st fight, 1st bet up :D

thought he was going to keep punching...so glad when he threw his arms around Pearson's neck

nice finish by cole

jesus, these adds :mad:

sonic.trip wrote: »
    jesus, these adds :mad:

:rolleyes: we all know about them, have done from previous events....not going to change anything by commenting on them every few mins

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    :rolleyes: we all know about them, have done from previous events....not going to change anything by commenting on them every few mins

This is nothing compared to the Versus cards :pac:.

Would you like some fights with your ads, sir?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thanks for stream links, sopcast not working at all tonight, and Dana white crushed justin.tv as usual.

Oliveira is a serious prospect at 20 yrs old

savage

Oliveira is a serious prospect at 20 yrs old

u should change your username to "Joe Rogan"

What a submission! :eek: 2nd bet up :D C'MON PALHARES!! Make it a treble for me :P

What a submission! :eek: 2nd bet up :D C'MON PALHARES!! Make it a treble for me :P

next theprodigy will be saying ""he's going for the umaplata"" :D

seriously he looks great for only 20 though

Nice pick there on Oliviera. Seen his last fight but really didn't expect him to be as good all-around. Another Demian Maia I was thinking. Escudaro is no joke, that was a hell of a fight.

Oliveria seems like Jon Jones - crushing the fight nights with his bag of tricks.

But how will they fair in the main UFC against experienced, smart opposition?

Then again I hardly know what I'm talking about in MMA so whatever!

just seen there "paul-harris" :) was suspended for 90days for failing to let go of a submission against tomas drwal @111

remember it well, bbut didn't know he got suspended for it

• Advertisement

WTF.

Paul Harris definitely thought something was up...then bang!

Steward's inquiry I say!

What part of Ireland is Paul from anyway?

well that was a weird finish, doubt the "sour grapes" comment was true cause Palhares definitly stopped and pointed at marquardt's leg :confused: I would hope he's not greased

well cant have any complaints after what was said, if officials checked him out then cant be any more said about it. Thats the best way to do it, instead of acting like a little bitch days after the way BJ got on after GSP fight

confirmed by the ref, the doc and the commission that he wasn't greased!

F*ck Paul Harris anyway! When he didnt let go of Drwal's leg at UFC111 i lost all respect for him (the fact that Drwal is such a nice guy made it all the worse).

Palharaes had that locked on tight and when he dropped marquardt's leg just slipped out easily..Definately something up there, If Pal just lost the hold he wouldn't have stopped and pointed.. Contraversy in Grease Jackson's camp again

Palharaes had that locked on tight and when he dropped marquardt's leg just slipped out easily..Definately something up there, If Pal just lost the hold he wouldn't have stopped and pointed.. Contraversy in Grease Jackson's camp again

:rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous! It was NEVER tight and there's NO controversy.

Didn't you hear that 3 independent parties confirmed there was no grease? He was sweaty! he admitted he worked up a sweat previously on purpose!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Don't be ridiculous! It was NEVER tight and there's NO controversy.

Didn't you hear that 3 independent parties confirmed there was no grease? He was sweaty! he admitted he worked up a sweat previously on purpose!

maybe he turned it off before the interview and the last thing he heard was Joe Rogan saying it was a contraversial decision :D

Fight of the night - Kyle Kingsbury and Jared Hamman
    KO of the night - Brian Foster for his TKO of Forrest Petz
    Submissions of the Night - Cole Miller and Charles Oliveira

Bit surprized at Miller winning sub of the night(even jointly) as IMO Pearson looked finished from the punches and the sub was the finisher whereas Oliverira's standing rear-naked choke looked more impressive and the fight could still have went either way at that stage

Palhares apologizes for false accusations; team congratulates Marquardt on win

AUSTIN, Texas – UFC middleweight contender Rousimar Palhares (11-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) has a simple explanation for his actions in the main event of Wednesday night's UFC Fight Night 22 card.

He was wrong.

"I'm very sorry for the accusations I made," Palhares told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Nate Marquardt did not cheat in any way, and I'm very sorry to him and his team for my actions in the fight."

Palhares, a submission whiz, has made a career of catching opponents in painful leg locks. But when he tried to secure such a hold on Marquardt, the Colorado resident yanked his limb free almost immediately.

Palhares instantly claimed something was wrong and tried to alert referee Herb Dean to a potential case of greasing, but Marquardt took advantage of his foe's lapse in concentration and pounced with a series of strikes that forced the official to halt the bout just 3 minutes and 28 seconds into the first round.

Palhares' head trainer at Brazilian Top Team, MMA legend Murilo Bustamante, said even if "Toquinho" had been right about the potential greasing, he should have waited until the end of the round to address it.

"He should have never stopped," Bustamante said. "Nate won fair and square and did exactly what he should have. Rousimar knows it's imperative to protect yourself at all times, and he failed to do that."

Palhares' longtime manager, Alex Davis, said that greasing has proved an issue in previous bouts for the middleweight, and in one of the most important fights of his career, the 30-year-old just froze.

"Rousimar has had to deal with opponents greasing before," Davis said. "I truly believe it's turned into a paranoia for him. When Nate's leg slipped out so quickly, Rousimar froze. You could tell he was just thinking, 'Here we go again.'

"But I looked at Nate's legs myself. The commission checked them out, too. There was certainly no grease there. It was our error, and we owe Nate an apology, as well as Greg Jackson and the rest of his coaches and team."

Palhares was understandably disappointed by the result of the fight, and he'll unquestionably be haunted for some time by the split-second decision to look away from his opponent that ultimately led to the end of the fight.

But after dealing with his own challenges of being labeled as a "dirty fighter" following his March win over Tomasz Drwal, Palhares wants to make certain Marquardt's name is never brought up in such discussions.

"I congratulate Nate on his win," Palhares said. "I learned another lesson for my career in the fight, and I apologize to Nate, his team and the UFC for any issues I contributed to.

"Nate is not a dirty fighter, and I was wrong to accuse him of cheating in any way."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Am I wrong in thinking fighters need to be dry before stepping into the cage, as they would be for grappling competitions.

Or is it a case of they toweled him down just before he got in the cage, and he was still warm, so started sweating immediately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

dunkamania wrote: »
    Or is it a case of they toweled him down just before he got in the cage, and he was still warm, so started sweating immediately?
    yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Disco Volante

God bless Sky Plus and recording programs otherwise I would never be able to sit through that show with all the adverts...

I think a valuable lesson has gone out to the rest of the UFC not to tag Oliveira in the sack, for fear that he will jump on your back and try and squeeze your neck down a few shirt sizes. Great submission!

Bad form out of Pal... things didn't go his way so he decided to throw all the toys out of the crib! Payed for that mistake although respect to him and his side for giving out the apology!

• Advertisement

Bad form out of Pal...

True to form IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

WIN.jpg

wow....I am always overly impressed when people post up bets AFTER the event has finished but don't before incase they get beat

good on ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I think a valuable lesson has gone out to the rest of the UFC not to tag Oliveira in the sack, for fear that he will jump on your back and try and squeeze your neck down a few shirt sizes. Great submission!

That ref needed a good boot in the nads too for pressuring Oliviera to continue. He's allowed 5 minutes, I'd have taken all 5 after that knee. It was "Kongo-esque".

I was very impressed with Oliveira myself. Savage technique on those leg kicks and his Jits is pretty slick. Looking forward to seeing more from him. He seemed to have Efrain confused for the entirity of the fight.

Palhares shouldn't have stopped. Follish move and it cost him.

Cole Miller capitalised very well when he hurt Pearson, a lot of guys get too cautious after hurting a guy and allow them to recover, he took his chance, fair play.

Good event IMO, I enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Disco Volante

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That ref needed a good boot in the nads too for pressuring Oliviera to continue. He's allowed 5 minutes, I'd have taken all 5 after that knee. It was "Kongo-esque".

Could not agree with you more. The missus threw the remote over to me the other night and it caught me right in the crotch I was on the verge of calling in sick to work the next day! The Ref should have backed away...

Great bet Rabbit, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyasuggestion

What was up with Escudero not making weight? not even close. Anyone hear any backstory on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

Best thing I did was forget to record the fight at the right time. So recorded it last night, 2 hours instead of 3 hours, no ad breaks annoyingly every 2 minutes. Now it also lacked between ring commentary and hearing the corners coaching but the program rang so well.

Efrain, not making weight, not sure. He couldn't even use his extra weight, just clinched and held him up against the cage and never looked threatening.

Cole Miller is developing nicely especially from what he was in the TUF house, maybe Pearson might look at his progress and use it as an inspriation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

good event;
    what was the deal with rogan's big hard on for pearson?
    I like rogan generally but you'd think pearson was dominating which was the opposite in my view!
    wtf was with that southern ref, "alright y'all lets get that fight on no matter if you've you've got a busted nut or not"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

adamski8 wrote: »
    good event;
    what was the deal with rogan's big hard on for pearson?
    I like rogan generally but you'd think pearson was dominating which was the opposite in my view!
    wtf was with that southern ref, "alright y'all lets get that fight on no matter if you've you've got a busted nut or not"

Pearson was smashing Miller up until he got caught.

• Advertisement
Advertisement