Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hp ink Cartridges

• 15-09-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I was in harvey Norman and HP 920 Black XL €30.99, PC World Had It for €29.99. I happened to be in Belfast yesterday same HP 920 XL for £11.25 (you have to add 17.5% vat to it). So its almost half price.

No dont give me insurance and minimun wage as an excuse, We are just being ripped off, plain and simple

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

PC World UK - £23.99
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-920xl-black-ink-cartridge-03217583-pdt.html

NewEgg.com in the States - $31.99

Are you sure it wasn't the standard HP-920 cartridge you saw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

driverite wrote: »
    I was in harvey Norman and HP 920 Black XL €30.99, PC World Had It for €29.99. I happened to be in Belfast yesterday same HP 920 XL for £11.25 (you have to add 17.5% vat to it). So its almost half price.

No dont give me insurance and minimun wage as an excuse, We are just being ripped off, plain and simple

Was the £11.25 + VAT from a wholesalers, so this would obviously be cheaper than a retail shop.

The UK RRP of the 920XL black seems to be £24.35, however, several of the merchants on Amazon are doing it for around £13, so there must have been some special offer on the stock from a wholesaler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

jahalpin wrote: »
    Was the £11.25 + VAT from a wholesalers, so this would obviously be cheaper than a retail shop.

The UK RRP of the 920XL black seems to be £24.35, however, several of the merchants on Amazon are doing it for around £13, so there must have been some special offer on the stock from a wholesaler

It's possible that some of the "bargains" could be quite close to the use-by date, and are completely dried up by the time you get them home.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Sounds like a misprice, cant even get it for that online

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Argos today had the hp364 black for 12.99 (down from 18.99). Pc world (2 doors up) had it for 29.99 ( or so) but were cheaper for the colour 364s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

It might have been the colour 920 XL ink maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You're better off getting a new printer than paying 30quid for a cartridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Nope its not insurance or minimum wage or haigh rents - its people not reading labels correctly and seeing everything in NI with rose tinted glasses.

Did you check how many ml were in each cartridge - HP have standard and high capacity cartridges available in most models.

Time to go to specsavers?

In any case the own brand cartridges are almost as good

gurramok wrote: »
    You're better off getting a new printer than paying 30quid for a cartridge.

I've still got half a dozen Dell printers kicking around, the ones that were being sold for €14.99 each. When the ink ran out, I put them back in their boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

most printers don't come with full cartridges anymore, especially cheap ones. It doesnt work out cheaper to buy a new printer.

Using any ink other then branded e.g HP results in a void warranty.

Going to places with your ink cartridges to have them refilled might save you a tenner but your not getting the same quality ink, aswell as this your not getting the full yield. most modern cartridges allow a refill of about 60%

Harvey Norman and PC World are the only real places in Ireland were you can buy genuine inks. They are dearer then up the north, not only because of VAT and insurance but because of shipping costs and supplier costs. None of the major manufacturers will sell inks directly to retailers in Ireland. So add up the price of the ink cartridge, VAT, Insurance, Wages, Supplier costs, Transport, wages your looking at a 3 - 4 % profit margin which in fairness aint much so you can hardly call retaillers rip off merchants. If they were they wouldnt be posting massive losses at teh end of every year despite sales been up

• Advertisement

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    most printers don't come with full cartridges anymore, especially cheap ones. It doesnt work out cheaper to buy a new printer.

Using any ink other then branded e.g HP results in a void warranty.

Going to places with your ink cartridges to have them refilled might save you a tenner but your not getting the same quality ink, aswell as this your not getting the full yield. most modern cartridges allow a refill of about 60%

Harvey Norman and PC World are the only real places in Ireland were you can buy genuine inks. They are dearer then up the north, not only because of VAT and insurance but because of shipping costs and supplier costs. None of the major manufacturers will sell inks directly to retailers in Ireland. So add up the price of the ink cartridge, VAT, Insurance, Wages, Supplier costs, Transport, wages your looking at a 3 - 4 % profit margin which in fairness aint much so you can hardly call retaillers rip off merchants. If they were they wouldnt be posting massive losses at teh end of every year despite sales been up

No they're not.

No theyre not what??

No theyre not what??

It refers to the bold part of the quote in my post.

where else has the selection

We have them.

whats the address of your shop(s) so i can go in and buy some?

www.elara.ie, you can order it online and then you can pick it up. We are located in Parkwest, Dublin 12.

There are tons of shops around the country that sell HP inks. Why you would only think there are two is confusing.

I have yet to find another SHOP that stocks a range of genuine inks other then the 300 / 350 hp inks. I'm in Drogheda, I need ink now. You expect me to drive all the way down to Dublin for a cartridge or wait for you guys to deliver it and prob be sent the wrong one (previous experience with elara). Name a few other shops that stock a real range of inks, not just the ones that you buy for you €50 - €90 printers

I don't expect you to do anything, you said there are no other shops that sell HP inks other than HN and PC World which is incorrect. It is unfortunate you don't have shops around you but Drogheda is not Ireland, only a part of it.

I said a range of HP inks. My job entails driving up and down the country pretty much all day everyday, Part of it is visiting all the retailers. I know that bar them 2 nobody has a real range, the likes of tesco might have 3 or 4 inks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

so are you looking for a shop that has every ink cart in stock? most places wouldn't be bothered holding stock in a bricks and mortar store.

Why would they fork out a couple of thousand euro to stock the range with the off chance that someone might want one. Places will stock a small range of the best sellers and order in then based on what customers want.

There are plenty of places selling genuine HP inks around the country.

In this day and age the best model for selling these is from the online retaillers who will buy from the large distributors based in the UK and mainland europe who will hold stock.

Most retailler (online) can get delivery from the UK distribution agents in 24 - 48 hours and some retaillers can offer delivery next day.

99.9999% of the time if you order the right ink online you will be delivered the correct ink. In my 10 years of dealing with this type of model of distribution incorrect orders are the fault of the end user who has gotten the part code incorrect.

I said a range of HP inks. My job entails driving up and down the country pretty much all day everyday, Part of it is visiting all the retailers. I know that bar them 2 nobody has a real range, the likes of tesco might have 3 or 4 inks

Had you said selection or range in your post, it wouldn't have triggered off the "comments".

Anyway, different branches of Harvey Norman and PC World have different selections from store to store, unless they keep up to date replenishing stock. Some Tescos have a better selection than others, but if their HP ink prices are anything like their Canon ink prices, I wouldn't advise anyone to buy from them.

At the moment, I get my Canon ink from Argos. One of the large black cartridges is a clear €9 cheaper than Tesco charges.

yeah well I agree there, tesco are more expensive. Used to work in Harvey Norman so I know how competitive it is, but they are pretty good with beating others and some people appreciate you telling them that the competitors are cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone know where's the cheapest store for HP 350XL cartridges? Preferably bricks and mortar as I can't wait around for online delivery..thanks.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

buy a ciss system problem sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

antocann wrote: »
    buy a ciss system problem sorted

A wha'?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

el diablo wrote: »
    A wha'?

continious ink supply system
    http://www.continuous-ink-systems.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

hp printer ink cartridges are usually very expensive to buy anyway, i use canon and the ink cartridges are a whole lot cheaper. :D

ejmaztec wrote: »
    At the moment, I get my Canon ink from Argos. One of the large black cartridges is a clear €9 cheaper than Tesco charges.

Not now I don't, not since the robbers shoved the price up in their new catalogue for the large one, and stopped listing the other ones that I use altogether, except one of them for some strange reason.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

My friends from college all use HP printers they used to buy the orginal ink cartridges but they are way too expensive now so they now get there cartridges online

Advertisement