Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physically drained from dreams

Options
  • 15-09-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

I woke up this morning and felt really tired, so I set my alarm for a one hour snooze (I set it early to wake me up slowly anyway) and went straight back asleep.

During that time period I hit REM because I had some dreams with high emotional content that I can remember. I woke up feeling terrible. My conscious was like 'wtf just happened to you?'

I feel like the dream(s) brought my body through all the bio-chemical changes and stresses that feeling those emotions normally would. As a result I now feel like ****. I'm really ... well ... upset! What the hell? From a dream? Can anyone relate to this? This is definitely not the first time I've been effected like this by them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I'm shattered this week too, can't wait for the weekend so I can lay in. There's been a few changes in my schedule so I'm putting it down to that. I try to keep in mind that when we sleep the unresolved stuff can get sorted but if we're not getting the sleep it can just leave you feeling drained. Try to put aside a night for restfulness, when you can have a lie in and you can hand over the emotional stuff then.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭easynote

I feel sorry for you and I know the feeling. I had the same experiences myself and I found it usually occurs when I am well rested and when I have kept a "healthy routine" of going to bed early for some time.
    Whenever I dont get as regular sleep anymore it tends to disappear. So, try staying awake late sometimes and deprive yourself of sleep a little bit, and see if it helps.

Sounds like bad advice possibly, but it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TashaMonster

Yes I get that too on a regular basis, just wake up and feel really emotionally and physically drained, it's as if all the things that happened in my dream were 100% real. It's horrible because it seems really unfair to have to get up and go to work when it feels like I've already done a full day of exhausting activities. Sorry I don't know any cures for it though, for me it just seems to come and go.

Advertisement