Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best internet option ?

• 15-09-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for an internet provider lately, we have just moved into an apartment and we have no phone line so we were looking towards the mobile internet side of things...

We would spend most of our time online on the likes of Facebook, Gmail, college websites and we watch some tv shows on the streaming sites.

My boyfriend tried the Meteor stick and it wasn't that good for us, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of the Meteor Broadband Hot Spot device???

Any other options would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

when i moved into my new flat last november i was tied as the only opertor on site was magnet
    (had bad time with mobile "broadband" so didn't even think about it)
    but have to say, they're top notch.. no bother with them at all, 10mB, no contention or land line..
    had to ring them once a few months back, they answered straight away, and was on to someone in coolock, not india, who i could ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Is UPC an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Have a look at this site, it should tell you which providers are available in your area. Come back to us then with a list of the ones you can get and we can probabl give you some advice on which one might be the best for you.

http://www.getbroadband.ie/

Also, there is a broadband forum on boards, have a look on there for some more advice on which ones to stay away from

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

we can't get UPC unfortunately, the buildings not wired for it... I had that in my last place and it was great!

I had a look at 3 30mb broadband... it looks quite good, have any of you had any experience of this?

Also is the dongle the better or is the wireless router the way to go... I'm lost!!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

ali85 wrote: »
    I had a look at 3 30mb broadband... it looks quite good, have any of you had any experience of this?

Whatever about the specs/prices of each package you might well find that the mobile network coverage in your area means that one operator's broadband will perform better than another.
    Also is the dongle the better or is the wireless router the way to go... I'm lost!!! :confused:

If you're just using one computer then the dongle is fine, if you intend to use multiple computers simultaneously then you'd need a router.

• Advertisement
Advertisement