Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Palmertown

• 15-09-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Been onto UPC a few times about getting a rool out date for broadband in Palmerstown / Oakcourt area Dublin 20.
    Actually got an email off them saying they should be starting works end of september / start of october and hope to be providing products in early december.

Wahoo.

Gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

gar wrote: »
    Been onto UPC a few times about getting a rool out date for broadband in Palmerstown / Oakcourt area Dublin 20.
    Actually got an email off them saying they should be starting works end of september / start of october and hope to be providing products in early december.

Wahoo.

Gar
    >>>>>
    Parts of Palmerstown have had UPC Fibre Optic for years,
    Oakcourt is that near Woodfarm Acres they are planning a Christmas Release?

Who are the contractors doing the upgrade Sierra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

oakcourt would be south and a little east. not sure who are contractors just what i got in the mail

gar

gar wrote: »

Wahoo.

Gar
    I spoke to UPC today told me that High Definition Cable TV is coming to Palmerstown,Dublin 20 will be ready by 31 November 2010 I enquired about fibre optic UPC Broadband she said there was nothing planned???

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    I spoke to UPC today told me that High Definition Cable TV is coming to Palmerstown,Dublin 20 will be ready by 31 November 2010 I enquired about fibre optic UPC Broadband she said there was nothing planned???

Surely the bandwidth needed for HDtV would also carry broadband?...

They are digging up the road near me and a card came in the post.
    Fast line rental free broadband soon me hopes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 p4ddyv

has anyone actually signed up for UPC in Palmerstown yet?

I seen them working a lot on the old lucan road and all the the roads in my estate but I have not yet got anything from them to say its ready.

I'm opposite Aldi just off the old lucan road

p4ddyv wrote: »

I seen them working a lot on the old lucan road and all the the roads in my estate but I have not yet got anything from them to say its ready.

>>>>>>>>>>>
    The don't work weekends,currently due to finnish end of February 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 37 p4ddyv

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    The don't work weekends,currently due to finnish end of February 2011

thats no too long, cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

was just wondering if there was any developments in UPC deploying to Plamerstown?
    I'm living in Chapelizod and am dying to find out what kind of time frame there is for them starting the work there....
    (hoping they continue on down the old lucan road of course and they don't bugger off somewhere else :()

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

p4ddyv wrote: »

Did you try ringing them and asking? they've been all over my area (upper Ballyer) the past few months, no notification of BB being available but it is apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

rang them last night - the sales guy said they were aiming to get all of dublin done by september. Which is about as good an answer I'm likely to get off them I guess.
    oh well back the to waiting game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

Moved to palmerstown in Late february and have been onto UPC a number of times about their upgrade. I know their full service is available on Palmerstown drive but not where I live.

After a lot of phone calls and some heavy handed digging for information I got onto a guy who saud the HD was overdue but no sign of BB just yet, however he told me that my best option was to go find the contractors working in the area and ask them as they will have the most up to date info.

So thats what I did and I found them working on The Dingle and The Copice. The guys showed me the maps and said they were 99% there and should be finished next week in that area that extended out to the side of Kennelsfort road that backs onto the Coppice. He said he cant see why it wont be released in the coming weeks. He also told me that the other side of kennelsfort road and the Oak court area will be another while, they still have a bit of work to do in the area. CherryOrchid is almost there too so there just fixing up all the difficult little bits. He said it costs them 300euro a house to do this upgrade so you think they would be keeping the area up to date as to when the service might be released!

Its hard to know if it will be released that soon as there has been no leaflet drop but as we have no tv, phone or bb we need to get services fast. Eircom have been canvassing the area offering a good deal but not sure I want to go with them.

Has anyone any other information to add?

we got the broadband in about a month and a half ago near oak court avenue. i just checked the upc web site with my address every week and seen it was available one week and signed up. no letter ever came to say it was available so keep checking the web site i suppose.

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I gave them a buzz today - been waiting 3 years in Lucan Village..... Guy on phone said they're listed as 'overdue' for my area, which means it should be available shortly. Good news - they did cable upgrade work almost a year ago in the area (and website map shows it as being available), so fingers crossed I can give eircom the old heave-ho in the not too distant future.....

Advertisement