Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles Halloween Arts Festival

Options
  • 15-09-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Looks like this might actually be turning in to a real live festival, if the confirmed acts are anything to go by. How confirmed they are I don't know, but I guess the belief might be that if you list them they will come.

http://www.thurlesartsfestival.com/

It's kind of annoying that the official email for contacting the festival is the commercial email address of a certain local accountant/estate agent/politician. Not the best way to create an all-inclusive arts festival for the people - these events should really serve a bigger purpose than promoting the self-interests of any particular individual. Something like a free gmail account with the name of the festival would be much more appropriate.

On a lighter note, the Guinness World Record attempt should be a laugh, for the kids at least. Still plenty of time to stock up on the toilet roll and fake blood...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Allegedly this is on again this year...
    Anyone know anything??

Website is still showing the summer arts festival only, facebook page hasn't been updated since july...

I wonder is it because councillors are involved in organising it that nothing seems to be happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

mikep wrote: »
    Allegedly this is on again this year...
    Anyone know anything??

Website is still showing the summer arts festival only, facebook page hasn't been updated since july...

I wonder is it because councillors are involved in organising it that nothing seems to be happening...

Site is gone now.

Maybe the funds are all gone after the disasterous Revive festival :eek:

Advertisement