Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrond size blinds/no refund

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Long story short, my niece ordered 4 wood blinds on my behalf from a local shop that sells blinds. 2 weeks later she paid for and collected the blinds which did not match the measurements that she gave in inches and the assistant converted to cm.
    We returned blinds to the shop and got no law whatsoever. The assistant implied that the original paper with measurements which we presented to her and the owner, may be a new paper with the correct measurements.
    The owner refused to correct the shops mistake and replace or refund the blinds.
    The blinds are of no use to me. Anyone had a similar situation and any advise as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Small Claims Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The goods are not fit for the purpose intended and they were not manufactured to the size specified by you. However, you probably would need to have proof of the measurements you provided. Did you get any receipt when ordering the blinds which specified the measurements?

Anyhow, remind them that they did not provide the service you ordered. Give them XX working days to resolve the matter or you will be taking a claim to the Small Claims Court. The onus will be on you to be reasonable and make every effort to engage with them. This is really a case of their word vs yours unless you can prove the measurements.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭shefra

No measurements on the receipt and like the assistant said the original paper with measurements 'could' or could not be the same paper so that would be difficult to prove it is the original measurements.
    I emailed the blind co from name on box they were very helpful but since the shop 'is not' a supplier of their blinds there was nothing they could do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

can you name them, I'm getting blinds soon and will stay clear if given the heads up

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

slave1 We will not allow the company to be named.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

shefra wrote: »
    I emailed the blind co from name on box they were very helpful but since the shop 'is not' a supplier of their blinds there was nothing they could do.
    I just dont understand this. If they sold the blinds, they supply them. Is it that they are not official suppliers or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

did your niece sign an order form when you were ordering them,to confirm that they were the correct measurements at the time? did the assistant convert the measurements into cms when your niece were there infront of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rob230te

Work for a blind company in Limerick myself. I have made mistakes myself when converting inches to cm. We would normally replace the blinds even if we weren't 100% certain it was our mistake. Our supplier then takes back the wrong blind and uses it up, so we'd only lose out on about 20% of the total price. I would think this shop might have the same setup.
    They really should sort you out.

If the blinds are too big and you don't get sorted it may be possible to have them cut down to the right size.

Advertisement