Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Pill??

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Well, after suffering a miscarriage over the weekend at nearly 12 weeks, I've decided to give my body a rest and go on the pill for a bit. Me and my husband are just too fertile together so its either the pill or bunk beds!!

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has had trouble conceiving after coming off of a specific pill? i don't want to wait ages to get pregnant when we do decide to go again.

I'm not looking for Medical advice, I'll get that from my GP. I just want to know of your experiences of coming off the pill and how long it took to conceive after?

I don't like the idea of the injections as I like to be in control. And I don't want to go down the route of a coil or anything as I'm just sick of people at my bits!!

Thanks in advance for any replies x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Well, after suffering a miscarriage over the weekend at nearly 12 weeks, I've decided to give my body a rest and go on the pill for a bit. Me and my husband are just too fertile together so its either the pill or bunk beds!!

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has had trouble conceiving after coming off of a specific pill? i don't want to wait ages to get pregnant when we do decide to go again.

I'm not looking for Medical advice, I'll get that from my GP. I just want to know of your experiences of coming off the pill and how long it took to conceive after?

I don't like the idea of the injections as I like to be in control. And I don't want to go down the route of a coil or anything as I'm just sick of people at my bits!!

Thanks in advance for any replies x

Oh no, that's terrible news, I'm sorry.

I say don't go near it if you plan on conceiving after you come off it. I put a lot of my issues down to the Pill. My sister was on the same pill as me for years, and although she's not ttc her periods are still messed up one year after coming off it. Obviously this is only my experience and opinion.... I think contraceptive pills are not good.

Why don't you try the abstinence method, by charting? If your periods are regular you won't even need to chart as you'll know which 4/5 days to abstain? And just tell OH to get lost on those days!

Again, so sorry re your news (((hugs)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The persona, diaphragm and/or condoms can be pretty effective and that way you know your cycle inside and out when you start again and no artificial hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

So sorry to hear of your loss Crazy Cat Lady. That is devastating news for you. I was on microlite for a few years and when i came off it I got pregnant two cycles later but unfortunately my pregnancy was ectopic. I have not been able to conceive since it happened but I am putting that down to the ectopic rather than the the pill messing me around after all them years on it. I would not recommend going on the pill personally if you feel you are going to try again soon just incase it messes up your cycles. So sorry again for your loss xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

p.s. I forgot to say, mine was Dianette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I actually have very irregular periods since I come off the pill. I didn't actually start TTC until about 2 years after I came off the pill (Microgynon - don't think you can get it here in Ireland but I was on it for abour 8 years back home in the UK)

I'm thinking going back on the pill might help to regulate my periods a bit while I lose some weight which will also help to regulate me. I've gained at least 3 stone since I moved her which hasn't helped with my cycle.

I've not heard great things about Dianette so I'll be avoiding that one anyway. It is a big worry that the pill will delay conception if and when we try again. Maybe we should just stick to good old fashioned condoms!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Sorry to hear your news CCL.

I was on Logynon for over 10 years (since I was 15 as I had really bad periods). I finished my last pack at the end of Nov, got pregnant at the end of Jan, then miscarried in March and got pregnant again next cycle (22 weeks now). Personally I wouldn't have a problem going on the pill again but I always had 28 day cycles even before I went on it, I got my period 28 days after finishing the pill and 28 days after my miscarriage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Very sorry to hear your news and best of luck when you do decide to try again.
    I was on a tried a few different pills over the years before I found one that suited me.
    I was on Mercilon for at least 5 years and stopped taking it at the end of April this year and got pregnant on my fourth cycle.
    I had always had very irregular and painful periods before going on the pill but for the few months I was off it they were like clockwork at 29 days.

A friend of mine stopped taking Mercilon last november and was pregnant in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I started on Noriday in Jan, a few months after having dd. Had one bleed then and no more until a few weeks ago. I was breastfeeding until June, though, so that may have thrown things off.

Didn't really seem to have any side effects from Noriday. Stopped it in late Aug, when I got a coil fit, but since that was taken out a couple weeks ago I'll be back on it again soon.

My periods have always been light & irregular, so don't know if Noriday was just enough hormone to stop them altogether or if this is a common occurance. Obviously this would have a big impact on trying to track the cycle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So sorry for your loss CCL.

I was on Yasmin for 10 years and got pregnant on my third cycle. The cycles were really long though so it was 6 months. Personally I thought the cycles out of whack while TTC was a massive pain in the hole.

We're sticking with condoms now for the few years before we have the next one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sorry to hear about your loss Crazy Cat Lady :( XX hugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Thanks for all your well wishes. I had a bad feeling from the minute I got a positive test so I'm dealing with it well. I think I am anyway!

I think we're going to stick to condoms too. My cycle stays undisturbed and its less messy for me :D

Advertisement