Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrading from GTX295!

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:17pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all. This is gonna sound strange, but here goes

I wanna sell my GTX295 for a GTX460. I know it's a downgrade, but damn, I've seen what it can do with a bit of tweaking. I'm a downright tweakhead. I'm also not too pushed on the latest games on max settings with uber high fps etc.

So basically, recommend me a GTX460 before I sell my GTX295 (anyone interested btw? pacman.gif)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hold on to it as a dedicated PhysX card :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

LOL

I had a GT240 in as a physx card a while back. Made fcuk all difference, maybe 4-5 fps in some games, but not worth keeping in.

Anywho, might stick on adverts for a straight swap for a decent 1GB gtx460 card.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

buy a 5970 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i was actually going to buy a 5970 but i said id hold on til the the hd 6 series and see what they are bringing, so i bought a gtx 460 to hold me over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

not a bad move. yeah 6000 series could really do some damage if they make as much of an impact as the 5000 did

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah sweeney ya big noob! :pac:

Icysean what gtx460 did you get? And have you tweaked it?

Advertisement