Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 10 02 customers gone

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Edited Post:
    Myself and my friends are leaving O2 for our own reasons after 15 years. Mini rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The price is the price. You are not a business customer - you were looking for "between 5 and 10" phones on prepay. How do you expect O2 to take you seriously? Even if you did have an exact number of handsets and cash in hand I don't think they'd do a deal.

Maybe if you were signing 12/18 month contracts they'd do a deal on the handset price. But with prepay you have no obligation to spend anything with them - so why should they cut you a deal?

And these "up to €150" credit promises often come with terms and conditions (like minimum top ups per month). Check the fine print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I left O2 myself (and so did my boyfriend), when I mentioned this to O2, they said no problem and off I went to three. Funnily when I tried to PM Darryl from O2 forums here on boards. He stopped responding to my bill enquiries..:rolleyes: once you are gone, they don't give a stuff.

I am so glad I have left O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The Irish public seem to be blind, outer purposely putting up with O2's greed in those country!

As an O2 business customer for nearly 5 years, I was faithfully handing them over in excess of €220 or so each month on their o2 release business plan, €119 a month puss the vatfort unlimited irish mobile and landlines, with free texts to Irish mobiles also, once the vat was added on, and I made a few calls to uk mobile providers, and UK landlines (calls to their north are free however) I regulary broke the 200 euro barrier with them.

Suddenly though, whilst washing my car the other day though I seen a spreadsheet ad, that 3 ireland were advertising, for a non business user (no reg for vat required) for 95 euro a month INCLUDING VAT!!!

I got the following deal.

Free iphone 4, or samsung galaxy s
    Unlimited Irish mobiles and landline calls
    Unlimited texts to Irish mobiles
    Free roaming in ANY country in the world that had a 3 network, to make or receive calls.
    10,000 mins a month to call uk landlines, and uk based mobile carries (i couldnt believe this one myself!!)
    And 2g of internet access!

I called O2, told them I wished to leave because off threes much superior plans, and tbhwy, they didn't seem at all phased by it!

One month into my contact with three, have my first bill, which came to an unbelievable €98!!!!!

Network coverage, is a-ok have 3g coverage now where previous I had none, and am nearly a staggering 150euro better off than I was with O2!

They really are chancers folks, they are taking the Irish people for complete and utter fools!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Me too just halved my bill by leaving O2. I'm taking a bit of a risk with Meteor's customer care - I know it's fairly bad, but if it's absolutely brutal in the next few weeks I can always cancel the contract within 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Left aswell today for 3. Reckon it's going to cut my bills in half at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I was with them for a year, when i moved to VF my bills dropped 20% based on exactly the same usage.

I think that extra cost was for all the SMS' and junkmail they sent me telling me how great i had it on o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

How can a company go from being one of the most popular network providers in the country, to one of the most despised in such a short space of time???

The answers prob greed, ever seen a fat kid in the restaurant horsing all the grub into his gob while pushing all the other kids away who try to get close to his take of goodies ? We've all seem him/her and silently despised and been disgusted by them!

Kinda sums O2 up to a tee in my eyes, I actually challenge one of their customer care team to comment on one of the numerous post's on boards at the min, and explain why exactly, your refusing to be competitive in the market????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

thread closed. op has removed his original post so the thread is pretty much headless!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement