Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Inherited car - 87 Alpina C2 care/storage help

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've jointly inherited an 87 Alpina C2 under sad circumstances so need to get up to speed on care for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on care and how best to store it?
    We have a shed so can keep it dry but would a cover/bubble (not sure bubble is the correct term, but I've heard of inflated covers?) be best to keep it ok.
    Really would like to keep it in good condition in memory of it's owner as it's a lovely car and that's what he would have wanted. thanks, Pat
    (Posted up on Octane as well in case anyone is a member there as well)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Hi, I've jointly inherited an 87 Alpina C2 under sad circumstances so need to get up to speed on care for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on care and how best to store it?
    We have a shed so can keep it dry but would a cover/bubble (not sure bubble is the correct term, but I've heard of inflated covers?) be best to keep it ok.
    Really would like to keep it in good condition in memory of it's owner as it's a lovely car and that's what he would have wanted. thanks, Pat
    (Posted up on Octane as well in case anyone is a member there as well)

Yeah - if the shed is any way damp then a cover would be recommended - teh type that keep air circulating through. Look up Carcoon products in the UK. I used an outdoor one for a few years and it kept the cra very well (although last winters snow and ice finally put paid to the upper section)

There's another type of one for sale on donedeal at the moment in Cork. Can remember the details of the ad but it was in Cork and in teh class and vintage section

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Hi there, if you are storing long term, i.e. no regular breeze/air getting through the car interior be sure to place damp blocks/pouches, DIY stores etc (dehumidifier action, basically) or the like around the car & in the boot. While in the carcoon it's no harm to leave some windows slightly cracked in order for the air to circulate throughout the car.

Advertisement