Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To DD-WRT or not to DD-WRT..that is the question !!

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Ive replaced my Intellinet router with a netgear WNDR3700 and its DD-WRT compatible. Im thinking of installing it this week for the extra features but i want to make sure its ok first.

Has anyone got this on their WNDR3700 (or even WNDR3300 as its the same for both) ?

If so, is it stable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Jump!

Just read whatever is suggested on the DD-WRT site for your particular model.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

bhickey wrote: »
    Jump!

Just read whatever is suggested on the DD-WRT site for your particular model.

Ok... Cool. Was reading on the netgear forums last night that the stock
    Firmware is pants.

Ok...got the wndr3700 set up and working. I'm gonna give it a few days to see how it goes. No point fixing something that ain't broke....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Kenny

Just bear in mind that while dd-wrt is great, it's disk sharing (usb) feature is crap. It cannot see or share an existing drive until the drive is formatted

dnme wrote: »
    Kenny

Just bear in mind that while dd-wrt is great, it's disk sharing (usb) feature is crap. It cannot see or share an existing drive until the drive is formatted

Ok...cheers man

• Advertisement
Advertisement