Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Reach Controller Options

Options
  • 15-09-2010 12:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was a big Halo 2 and 3 fan for a long time, however up until yesterday I'd been playing COD MW2 online for months.

Back in the Halo saddle last night, and I really miss the left-trigger weapon zoom of COD. The right stick just seems like a daft place to have it.

Do any of the presets allow this or is there any way to tweak it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

this is the biggest problem ive found too, its very difficult to go from MW2s zoom to Halos!!

ive not found a way to change it yet!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I found one of the controller presets switches the zoom to the right bumper button - but that meant (for me at least) holding it in zoom with my trigger finger and using my middle finder on the trigger.

I'm too old to break in a new trigger finger!

Full customisation would be fantastic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

green thumb switches melee to the right stick (like COD), right bumper is zoom and some other minor changes, X is weapon reload and pickup. left bumper is use armor ability i believe or enter vechicle, im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah it sucks ass and not one of the other presets has left trigger for zoom.

No console game has ever allowed mapping of buttons though, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm blaming my rubbishness on the controls at the moment, just can't get used to them at all after COD. BF:BC2 even felt okay. Then again I've something like 18days+ worth of the various CODs versus probably 12 hours for Halo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

C'mon guys, I have 20+ days logged on MW2 and I only went back to Halo recently and it's not THAT hard to adjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Well IMO Cod players should try get used to using the right stick to zoom as it gives you more control over your character while you are zoomed in to strafe and your fingers never need to leave the analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Valid point but I think its all down to playstyle preference. I'd prefer to quickscope on the go than spend too much time zoomed in. I dont mind either option at the end of the day, I just dont like how the games put limits on the players without providing the the options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads ye should have done what I did and play halo 3 for a full week before going straight into reach. The change the controls around!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Lads ye should have done what I did and play halo 3 for a full week before going straight into reach. The change the controls around!
    Probably would have saved a few deaths alright!

I only spent about 15 mins on the campaign before going online (and throwing grenades at people everytime I wanted to zoom in). :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

The only advice I would offer on control settings is use bumper jumper. It is invaluable to be able ot jump while still having both thumbs on the analogue stick. If you don't use bumper jumper, just give it a go... :)

Oh, and ramp up to sensitivity to at least 7/8.

Oh, and ramp up to sensitivity to at least 7/8.

Definitely don't do this.

neilk32 wrote: »
    Definitely don't do this.

Why not??

Why not??

It's way too sensitive to keep a steady aim, you want sensitivity where you can keep a steady aim at all times for dmr, nr and pistol to be able to keep your reticule on them. The only time high sensitivity would be useful is for quick turns and melee but its not worth it. If you are having trouble keeping the reticule on them you should turn your sens down until you find a comfortable one.

It's way too sensitive to keep a steady aim, you want sensitivity where you can keep a steady aim at all times for dmr, nr and pistol to be able to keep your reticule on them. The only time high sensitivity would be useful is for quick turns and melee but its not worth it. If you are having trouble keeping the reticule on them you should turn your sens down until you find a comfortable one.

And for the people who can keep a steady aim at 7/8? In that case you have the advantages of high sensitivity, but none of the disadvantages you mention above.

And for the people who can keep a steady aim at 7/8? In that case you have the advantages of high sensitivity, but none of the disadvantages you mention above.

Not many people will be able to do that from experience, ask any top player what they play and most will be between 2-5. Some people are able to play on high sens but it takes a lot of getting used too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

ask any top player what they play and most will be between 2-5

Meh, wouldnt agree with that to be honest... most MLG pro's would be 7+

Anything less than 6 or 7 on SWAT and you will get raped. Quick turns are essential.

Anything higher than 7 results in a very hard to control sniper zoom.

7 is about right me thinks, but each to his own.

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Meh, wouldnt agree with that to be honest... most MLG pro's would be 7+

haha not a chance the only pro I know of who plays 7 is hysteria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

haha not a chance the only pro I know of who plays 7 is hysteria

In fairness, I just did a bit of googling & according to an interview on the MLG site, Walshey and Ogre2 used 4 or 5 sensitivity. Althought that was from 2007. In any case, that surprises me to be honest... I would have thought they would be much higher. Those YouTube videos are misleading. Maybe thats why I suck all this time :D LOL.

Cheers
    Muppet Man.

http://www.mlgpro.com/archive?a=TimeOut

You can look down through them and see what the pro's play on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

http://www.mlgpro.com/archive?a=TimeOut

You can look down through them and see what the pro's play on
    bumber jumper all the way in three, and still now, in reach but it's a balls for jetpacking! :(

i used to play on a 3 from the beginning, then up to a four when i played COD on high sensitivity and then when i started getting in to swat again i lifted it to six on H3, but after a good stint and a break i just couldn't cut it any more and now i'm back to four, though i played on 5 for a bit last night and did ok. it's all personal preference in how you use the sticks, and the relation between a precise thumb movement putting your reticule right where you want it, but a higher sensitivity does help a bit, certainly in swat.

I'm still playing bumper jumper, very little power ups in mlg settings and whenever i have them i just use my index finger for x and middle finger for trigger. Crabbing it basically :D

Advertisement