Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doormen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The bouncers for Barcode

I really wish I could speak my mind on the bouncers that did the doors on that place a few years ago, but I may get banned if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I really wish I could speak my mind on the bouncers that did the doors on that place a few years ago, but I may get banned if I do.

+1 on that one i live beside the place and have heard all the storys and have been in two situations with them animals, them guys were far from legit security staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

spider_pig wrote: »
    +1 on that one i live beside the place and have heard all the storys and have been in two situations with them animals, them guys were far from legit security staff

Ah sure justice has finally caught up with the place it seems. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

spider_pig wrote: »

If you don't mind me asking, when you say "them animals", is it just the barcode bouncers or do you feel that way about all bouncers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Ah my own little story

Was a member of Westwood gym in Dublin 3.
    I'd often go late in the evenings when it quieted down.

The bouncers for Barcode (bar next door on same premises )would stop people by the gates by the road, you have to get in line and show ID

There I was in my tracksuit, gymbag and Westwood scanner keyring and I was told to get into line and ID ready. :confused:
    Even when I explained myself I told they can't let people walk straight into the carpark, everyone gets inline and gets checked. Once you explained you were going to the gym they let you in but want to see your scanner keyring to prove it.

WTF? So I have to wait with people going drinking, even if it's just a minute or two
    I wrote a letter and gave it to the manager, never heard anything about a solution.
    As the same thing happened me next Saturday evening!

I don't know if it's management or the bouncer who brought in that ridiculous policy, surely there was another solution
    But you don't pay 75 euro a month for that.

I would be getting the old man to write a solicitors informing them of this If i was you man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    I would be getting the old man to write a solicitors informing them of this If i was you man

why the old man? why not do it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Worked as a doorman in New York in the late 90's as well as here. It's a lot worse here for guy's on the door dealing with the drunks you see on a typical weekend night than it was in Manhattan. New Yorkers seemed to get drunk and happy but Dubliners seem to get drunk and violent.

Mister men wrote: »
    Worked as a doorman in New York in the late 90's as well as here. It's a lot worse here for guy's on the door dealing with the drunks you see on a typical weekend night than it was in Manhattan. New Yorkers seemed to get drunk and happy but Dubliners seem to get drunk and violent.

No. It's just little scummers that think they're hard and give anyone a go. Besides, I'd reckon most sober people wouldn't want to have a guy with a team of bouncers. Plus it's the whole thing of *drink, get tipsy, get happy drunk, "HERE DRINK MORE YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER 20 MINUTES TILL IT CLOSES!", long 20 minutes and you've got the angry little fecker who thinks he's Superman.

I went drinking with an American or Canadian a few times, it's vastly different towards here. Those lads just drank till they were drunk and would take it easy. Here it's "get pissed, get more pissed, wake up hungover, get more pissed than last night".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

most bouncers are fine, had one instance when one was a right idiot :

a group of us were going to a bar on the northside of dublin, i was wearing runners so bouncers says your not getting in with them runners go home and put on shoes, even tho its a pub and others were inside in runners - went to a mates gaff and changed went back to pub in my new shoes and runners in a bag - was allowed in, seen loads of folk in runners in the pub so changed back as runners much more comfy.

Same bouncer comes up and says that if I did not change back to shoes he'd throw me out - what can you do but laugh and feel sorry for a such a power-triper.

If you don't mind me asking, when you say "them animals", is it just the barcode bouncers or do you feel that way about all bouncers?

just the barcode doormen they were out of control

• Advertisement

Ah my own little story

I'd often go late in the evenings when it quieted down.

The bouncers for Barcode (bar next door on same premises )would stop people by the gates by the road, you have to get in line and show ID

There I was in my tracksuit, gymbag and Westwood scanner keyring and I was told to get into line and ID ready. :confused:
    Even when I explained myself I told they can't let people walk straight into the carpark, everyone gets inline and gets checked. Once you explained you were going to the gym they let you in but want to see your scanner keyring to prove it.

WTF? So I have to wait with people going drinking, even if it's just a minute or two
    I wrote a letter and gave it to the manager, never heard anything about a solution.
    As the same thing happened me next Saturday evening!

I don't know if it's management or the bouncer who brought in that ridiculous policy, surely there was another solution

another thing with them there is a Chinese take away and restaurant in there (flaming wok) and they refuse you from going in :mad: just for something to eat no intention of going the club its just to get food what does that say for the business unless its owned by them (barcode) that there happy to throw away customers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

They really must put up with an awful lot of sh1te during the night. From varying levels of twisted p1ssheads, pr1cks and a$$holes, christ how do they do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Ah my own little story

Whah? (:eek:) Are you pregnant and paying for two?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Almost every bouncer I've ever met is an absolute idiot standing in front of a door acting like they own the place. :shake:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Whah? (:eek:) Are you pregnant and paying for two?

I paid €99 for 3 months membership for a gym/pool today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Aye, 75 euro a month is what it cost and there are plenty of other places more expensive

But that's getting offtopic here

OisinT wrote: »
    Almost every bouncer I've ever met is an absolute idiot standing in front of a door acting like they own the place. :shake:

Ever go to a place where the people in line don't yell out "AH SURE I BATTERED YOUR MAN" or "AH JAYSUS I HOPE ME TI*S DON'T ALL OUT LIKE!?

Ever go to a place where the people in line don't yell out "AH SURE I BATTERED YOUR MAN" or "AH JAYSUS I HOPE ME TI*S DON'T ALL OUT LIKE!?
    Never been to a place where that happens.

Well, not NEVER but rarely go out with the plebs.

Never been to a place where that happens.

Well, not NEVER but rarely go out with the plebs.

The dregs walk every road. Perhaps you ought to realize that bouncers aren't kind hearted fellows and some will grab and attack those that are innocent?

In all seriousness, there is a few scarce choices for kids (under 25) that are good, upstanding places.

The dregs walk every road. Perhaps you ought to realize that bouncers aren't kind hearted fellows and some will grab and attack those that are innocent?

In all seriousness, there is a few scarce choices for kids (under 25) that are good, upstanding places.
    Good upstanding places don't usually require bouncers though tbh

• Advertisement

Good upstanding places don't usually require bouncers though tbh

Well when you find the portal to Narnia, let me know:p. Living in Dublin City, I'd feel safer if it was the army in a lot of the pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

I used to work in the industry doing the training, basically all they do is what their employers tell them. If the manager of the place that night tells them they arent allowed say for example, even though they know its illegal, that no foriegners are allowed in, they have to enforce that. however, any legal comeback will be on the venue and manager, not themselves as they were acting under the orders of the premises, dont shoot the messenger type of thing.
    So in some cases its not that they are cnuts, its that the managers of the place are.

I used to work in the industry doing the training, basically all they do is what their employers tell them. If the manager of the place that night tells them they arent allowed say for example, even though they know its illegal, that no foriegners are allowed in, they have to enforce that. however, any legal comeback will be on the venue and manager, not themselves as they were acting under the orders of the premises, dont shoot the messenger type of thing.
    So in some cases its not that they are cnuts, its that the managers of the place are.

There's a difference between saying "you have runners on, you have the wrong colour of shirt on" than there is "piss off, regulars tonight you little basta*d".

There's a difference between saying "you have runners on, you have the wrong colour of shirt on" than there is "piss off, regulars tonight you little basta*d".
    "So in some cases its not that they are cnuts, its that the managers of the place are."
    :pac:

some are just a**holes tbh.
    Im not defending them either, im 22 and do get a fair amount of ****e from them too, thats why i keep my psa licence in my wallet beside my garda id :D
    dont get too much from them then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Aren't bouncers, in the main, just knackers? Most of them were barred from the clubs they're now standing on the doors of when they were young.

Aren't bouncers, in the main, just knackers? Most of them were barred from the clubs they're now standing on the doors of when they were young.
    Im just gonna throw this out there, no.
    as people have said already, some of them are just doing it as a part time job to pay their way through college.
    Tar them all with one brush why dont ya :rolleyes:

"So in some cases its not that they are cnuts, its that the managers of the place are."
    :pac:

some are just a**holes tbh.
    Im not defending them either, im 22 and do get a fair amount of ****e from them too, thats why i keep my psa licence in my wallet beside my garda id :D
    dont get too much from them then :pac:

Some? I'd say about 90% of them are on power trips but I think only 1/4 or 25% let it go to their head (as in "I don't let that bloke in, great! is a difference to "look at the bloke, he's well alright to enter here but let's piss him off anyway".

Care to explain about the Russian guy that dragged two fellas of an unconcious blonde girl then? :)

Care to explain about the Russian guy that dragged two fellas of an unconcious blonde girl then? :)
    They were in his way?
    Im just gonna throw this out there, no.
    as people have said already, some of them are just doing it as a part time job to pay their way through college.
    Tar them all with one brush why dont ya
    Some knackers go to college. I think it's a bit prejudiced of you to assume they don't.

They were in his way?

Some knackers go to college. I think it's a bit prejudiced of you to assume they don't.
    prejiduced because for the main part I dont think they are "in the main, just knackers?"
    you cant call someone a knacker then call someone else predijuced ;)

• Advertisement

prejiduced because for the main part I dont think they are "in the main, just knackers?"
    you cant call someone a knacker then call someone else predijuced ;)
    No, prejudiced because you don't think knackers go to college.
    have you ever passed CIT?

Advertisement