Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€6 to get drunk in ireland?

Options
  • 15-09-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Anyone know of any drink you can get for 6 euro that will get you drunk?

or whom this someone is that can get drunk for 6 euro?(sounds like a cheap date)

:D
    A new survey has found that it costs just €6 for someone to get drunk in Ireland.

The research carried out on behalf of Alcohol Action Ireland (AAI) surveyed the attitudes to drinking of 16 to 65-year -olds.

AAI Director Fiona Ryan said that others have seen ads on their facebook pages.

Ryan has called on Junior Cert students to talk to their parents about their plans as they celebrate their results later today.

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/survey-less-than-6-needed-to-become-inebriated-473705.html
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Buy 3 cans for 6 euro, sorted. If you're 15, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Domestos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

1.5 bottles of cheap wine. Yes, it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You're 16 and you get someone to get you as many cans of Bavaria / Dutch as they can for €6. I'm guessing they cost €1 or less a pop. 16 y/o + 6 cans = wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I'm sure you can get cheap vodka for €6?

I wouldn't know since I'm not 15 but I'm sure you can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    You're 16 and you get someone to get you as many cans of Bavaria / Dutch as they can for €6. I'm guessing they cost €1 or less a pop. 16 y/o + 6 cans = wasted.

nearly 9 yos for 6 baveria now... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

A bottle of Schooner from Tesco. It's really cheap fortified wine costs €3-4 at most. Had it a few times on nights out and never remember the night after it. Don't know if they still sell it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

€3.99 bottle of wine in Fine wines topped up with two cans of carling coming in at 1€ a piece, giving you a cent change.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lidl, Aldi, or maybe sh|tty cheap Tesco vinegar cider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

if you're 15 you'd rob your mams bottle of smirnoff out of the press, and have €6 left for buying your girlfriend crisps/bounty bars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

You can buy 6 liters of cider up north for 6 euro :D that will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hobochris wrote: »

or whom this someone is that can get drunk for 6 euro?(sounds like a cheap date)

:D

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/survey-less-than-6-needed-to-become-inebriated-473705.html

Cheap wine or vodka or cider for 6 quid and you could get drunk, depending on your age and how much you can handle, I wish 6 quid would get me drunk :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

5 cans of Druids cider or something similar. They're all around 6% alcohol. Three of those when I was 16 and I'd be in a fairly bad state...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

You could definitely get drunk on €6 if you didn't care about the taste.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I'm sure you can get cheap vodka for €6?

I wouldn't know since I'm not 15 but I'm sure you can.

you have some sort of filter that stops you from seeing the prices?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Glens Vodka is 5.50 a naggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Be a lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

My local Offie does €1 cans of carlsberg for a week every month.

Dunno why everyone is saying 6 cans would only get a 15yo drunk. :confused:

I'm 26, I've been practising the fine art of drinking in excess for over 10 years now.
    I'm also 6ft4 and about 80Kgs..
    I'm far from a lightweight and at most sessions I'll have a bottle of Morgans spiced and 6-8 beers before I fall over.

Downing six cans in under 20 min would still get me drunk.

Not hammered mind, but I wouldn't exactly want to juggle chainsaws or anything complicated like that.
    And the op said "Drunk".

So yes I think most people could get drunk on €6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

This is actually interesting.

Perhaps there were more females in the sample than males? Or it was limited to below the legal drinking age?

You could get a 2 litre flagon of cheap cider for around €3.40 in Aldi, and maybe spend the rest on cans. It'd certainly due a young one, or a light weight.

It also depends on how you define "drunk"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Get six cans of lidl/Aldi or whatever beer for €6, then do the hour of power with them. You'll be hammered in no time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

hobochris wrote: »

From my local offie, I could get a e5 bottle of wine and a euro bottle of beer. Knock them back in a minute or two.
    Convulse on the ground, while doing your best to keep it down.
    Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Confab wrote: »
    Buy 3 cans for 6 euro, sorted. If you're 15, that is.

Change your offie I get 6 cans for €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

6 carlsberg for 6 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

nearly 9 yos for 6 baveria now... :-(

Its 8 cans of bav for 9 quid down in my local offy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

join fianna fail, you can get pissed for free

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

you have some sort of filter that stops you from seeing the prices?

:confused:

No its called not paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

A 700ml bottle of tesco value vodka is under €12. If you split it with a friend and use household items such as squash or fruit juice, that's basically a shoulder each for €6.

Anyone who spends over €5 on drink in a night is either drinking too much or being ripped off imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Fairly sure they still do the Schooner in Tesco. I've drank it myself its the poor mans' Bucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Befriend an alcoholic and offer to buy their urine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

A 700ml bottle of tesco value vodka is under €12. If you split it with a friend and use household items such as squash or fruit juice, that's basically a shoulder each for €6.

Anyone who spends over €5 on drink in a night is either drinking to much or being ripped off imo.

Who are you to say if I'm drinking too much?

Advertisement