Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€6 to get drunk in ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Anyone who spends over €5 on drink in a night is either drinking to much or being ripped off imo.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anyone who spends over €5 on drink in a night is either drinking to much or being ripped off imo.

:eek:
    Depending on what part of the world you are in, 1 pint and you have spent your €5

SV wrote: »
    Who are you to say if I'm drinking too much?
    peatcass wrote: »
    :(
    Depending on what part of the world you are in, 1 pint and you have spent your €5
    says it all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Anyone who buys a pint is being ripped off (that said i don't have a job) :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Any remember the 3 litre flaggons of Devils Bit cider??? That used to get me rightly soused when I was a young lad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

peatcass wrote: »
    says it all!!!!

No it doesn't.

SV wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

three people expressing their disagreement within 1 minute of eachother with someone commenting on their drinking habits speaks volumes.. or "says it all" if you will.

(note: i was one of those people)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

2 x 330 ml bottles of Duvel would do it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

nearly 9 yos for 6 baveria now... :-(

Where? It's 7.25 in Galway.

And sometimes you can Tuborg etc for 6 for €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

i drink alot of cheap beers.. dutch , tuborg, bavaria.. etc.. NONE are 6 for 6 euro.

6 cans wouldnt get me drunk so thats a lie, a damn lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

This thread is turning into a nice cheap booze guide.. :D

hobochris wrote: »
    This thread is turning into a nice cheap booze guide.. :D
    suprised noone thought of it before.. :D
    Jus De Vine in Portmarnock are doing bottles of Sol for €1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There's some poxy beer in Aldi for €0.79 for a half litre can.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

kraggy wrote: »
    Where? It's 7.25 in Galway.

And sometimes you can Tuborg etc for 6 for €6.
    I think OP is confused with the 8 pack of Bavaria, which came down from 9.99 to 8.99 when the alcohol cuts were introduced, also Tuborgs a nice relyable, Tesco had it on sale 6 for a fiver a while back :O If only that was a permanent price :O

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

€6?! What the hell are me and my friends doing with out expensive €20 wkd that doesn't even get you drunk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

€6?! What the hell are me and my friends doing with out expensive €20 wkd that doesn't even get you drunk :mad:

Learn to drink real beer son.

Real beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

markesmith wrote: »
    Learn to drink real beer son.

Real beer.

But girls don't drink beer.
    Lol no seriously I'd get funny looks drinking cans.Thats why I think you get more girls getting their stomach pumped than girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Thats why I think you get more girls getting their stomach pumped than girls.

I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The research carried out on behalf of Alcohol Action Ireland (AAI) surveyed the attitudes to drinking of 16 to 65-year -olds.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/survey-less-than-6-needed-to-become-inebriated-473705.html#ixzz0zc9ZYQfm

The AAI obviously has no idea what the word 'drunk' means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Lol no seriously I'd get funny looks drinking cans.Thats why I think you get more girls getting their stomach pumped than girls.

And losing their marbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Buy 1 pint in Temple Bar. You be well pissed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Wazdakka wrote: »
    My local Offie does €1 cans of carlsberg for a week every month.

Dunno why everyone is saying 6 cans would only get a 15yo drunk. :confused:

I'm 26, I've been practising the fine art of drinking in excess for over 10 years now.
    I'm also 6ft4 and about 80Kgs..
    I'm far from a lightweight and at most sessions I'll have a bottle of Morgans spiced and 6-8 beers before I fall over.

Downing six cans in under 20 min would still get me drunk.

Not hammered mind, but I wouldn't exactly want to juggle chainsaws or anything complicated like that.
    And the op said "Drunk".

So yes I think most people could get drunk on €6

I agree with that, 6 cans of beer would have me well on my way. I wouldn't be falling over,slurring speech, that comes later :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

6 cans of Carling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I bottle of Cococabana White Rum in Tesco = €7.89, one bottle of coke/fanta = €2.00, a bag of ice - 83c = pished...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

Can get a liter of vodka and bottle of nice cava and still have change of 6er in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

In Spain you can get a bottle of Absinthe for 14e. The whole of 3rd year would be drunk on the stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont eat for a week.
    Drink 1 pint.
    Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Have you met Owenc from the weather forum. I think you'd get on so well together.

Young people these days have such funny ideas! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

A packet of brandy barrels from Lidls at Christmas has me seeing double and unable to drive. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I just got an email from tesco to tell me they have wine reduced from €13.99 to €6.. this is they're ploy to get me drunk.. 1 bottle does it for me..maybe i'll pretend there's no recession and buy 2 :pac:

Advertisement