Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€6 to get drunk in ireland?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You can get a small bottle of wine in tesco for under €6 euro, you might be able to get two of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

6 cans of carlsberg for €6 in the local centra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What cheap beer in Dunnes lads? Preferably not larger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Great news!!

I'm off to the off-licence as soon as I can scrounge up another 514 cent. :)

• If you drank Tesco Value vodka, maybe. I can't think of another way to get drunk on 6 euro. In England you could do it no bother. You can get an entire bottle of wine or pitcher of spirit+mixer for 6 quid in my local pub, so I'm sure you'd get 2 or 3 times that in the supermarket if you looked carefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ILA wrote: »
    It also depends on how you define "drunk"
    Exactly.
    I can get drunk on 4 cans, then drink another 6 and still be the same. Anything after that and I'm hammered.
    Then there are nights when you can be **** faced after just a few, but that's another thread for another day.

"Drunk" does not mean falling around the place and dancing on tables.
    It's entirely possible to have a few, get a nice buzz and then just relax. I've seen other people do this, so that's how I know it can be done.

nearly 9 yos for 6 baveria now... :-(
    €7.25 across the road. €8.99 for 8. The price is on the pack, so even Spar can't rip you off.

Or you can have your friend's 16 year old nephew call to the door when you're posting about this, and have him offer you 8 Bavaria for €8, laugh at him, get him to drop the price to €5, then feel sorry for him, give him the €8 and two of the cans for later. He refused the two cans saying that he had drank lots of vodka already, and that he just wanted to get some chipper food.
    I like when weird stuff like that happens.
    join fianna fail, you can get pissed for free
    Or become a boards.ie mod. :)
    But girls don't drink beer.
    Lol no seriously I'd get funny looks drinking cans.Thats why I think you get more girls getting their stomach pumped than boys.

Don't buy into that crap about women and beer.
    Most of the women I know drink beer. The only ones who don't are those too self conscious to be seen with a pint due to some old taboo, or the one who is diabetic and doesn't drink beer for health reasons.

I made a sarcastic post earlier about women drinking pints. It's just a thing from old Ireland, and is not relevant today.

Would you rather get funy looks once, or continue to drink crap and constantly feel like crap afterwards.

Also, FYP. There was no point in taking the piss. It had already been done.
    Have you met Owenc from the weather forum. I think you'd get on so well together.

Young people these days have such funny ideas! :eek:

He's perma-banned from AH. I miss his misconceptions about life. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Bottle of Hock from tesco for 4 euro. Some sort of German wine I think. Plus two cans of cheap stuff. Sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    What cheap beer in Dunnes lads? Preferably not larger.
    kind of limits your choice of beer if you don't want lager:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mark200 wrote: »
    You could definitely get drunk on €6 if you didn't care about the taste.
    Most people don't seem to care about taste, budweiser sells very well here. The most recent development with bud and heineken is that they are serving it ice cold in bars to further mask the taste and numb the tastebuds.
    If you drank Tesco Value vodka, maybe. I can't think of another way to get drunk on 6 euro.
    A bottle of 700ml vodka at 37.5% has the same alcohol as 12 500ml cans of 4.45% beer. So half a cheap bottle of vodka is about €6, and you can get 6 cans of grafenwalder german beer in lidl which is 4.8% which has more alcohol overall. Of course it is easier to down a half bottle of vodka in 15minutes and so get a higher blood alcohol level.

A bottle of vodka has roughly 20 shots, so a shot in a pub is really only about a half pints worth of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I'm sure you can get cheap vodka for €6?

I wouldn't know since I'm not 15 but I'm sure you can.
    you can get naggins for €3.99, and cans of somethingorother for 50 cent in this one off license. so yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 philip589

hobochris wrote: »
    Anyone know of any drink you can get for 6 euro that will get you drunk?

or whom this someone is that can get drunk for 6 euro?(sounds like a cheap date)

:D

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/survey-less-than-6-needed-to-become-inebriated-473705.html
    <snip, underage, naming establishments>

read charter, biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

A bottle of Schooner from Tesco. It's really cheap fortified wine costs €3-4 at most. Had it a few times on nights out and never remember the night after it. Don't know if they still sell it though...

Tastes like licqourice-eugh :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Terry wrote: »

Don't buy into that crap about women and beer.
    Most of the women I know drink beer. The only ones who don't are those too self conscious to be seen with a pint due to some old taboo, or the one who is diabetic and doesn't drink beer for health reasons.

I made a sarcastic post earlier about women drinking pints. It's just a thing from old Ireland, and is not relevant today.

All the women I know don't drink beer-its generally either vodka or white wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

you can get 6 cans of strong cider for £2 in Asda up north

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

A bottle of Schooner from Tesco. It's really cheap fortified wine costs €3-4 at most. Had it a few times on nights out and never remember the night after it. Don't know if they still sell it though...

Best drunken nights I've ever had were on Schooner - when I found out it was cooking wine and you're not supposed to drink it I backed off fairly lively

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Bav, Dutch Mould, Premium Dutch Lager... Naggins of Huzzar, Millar's Gold, Boru...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Get a bag of spuds, a large quantity of water, a few very big saucepans and or kettles, a few yards of copper piping and lots of bottles with corks or screw on lids. Once you are set up initially in a nice quiet remote place, you will get the whole parish buckled and possibly make a profit as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

You can get 1euro cans of Turborg in most of the O'briens off licenses, i wouldnt be locked off 6 put well oiled

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

johnn wrote: »
    You can get 1euro cans of Turborg in most of the O'briens off licenses, i wouldnt be locked off 6 put well oiled
    made by carlsberg too so aint all that bad, some prefere it!
    most cases though, if your in your 20's and getting drunk off 6 euro you must have no taste buds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

made by carlsberg too so aint all that bad, some prefere it!
    most cases though, if your in your 20's and getting drunk off 6 euro you must have no taste buds.

Or are a lightweight or consider drunk to be "tipsy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

i need to learn how to drink cheap cause ive been spending just a bit over €100 on nights out recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I definitely couldn't get drunk on €6. Unless I hadn't eaten in days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I spent about 6e on the night my final undergrad exams. 2 bottles of dodgy rosé wine, drank in less than an hour before going out. Lets say that night will be remembered by all who went out for the end of exams! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Lidl often do special offers on dodgy foreign spirits that you can pick up for around the 12 quid mark, also box quantities of wine that work out around 3 quid a bottle. I've been drinking for the best part of 20 years and 2 bottles of wine would still have me half cut if I spaced them out, more or less legless if I swamped them back. So I would say it is possible to get drunk for 6 quid. Possible mind, not pleasant or advisable!
    Obviously to do it in a pub or club is gonna cost you maybe 20 times that, so it's a bit of a sensationalist figure, but possible nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

2 Flagans of Strong Cider 6.3% in lidl €6.60, like rocket fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Dunnes stores lager, €0.79 a can last time i recall
    6 pack of bav is good value
    Biere d'or, 20 little bottles for a bit over 8 yos is serious value, even though theyre only small little yokes, its still 4 or 5 litres worth of beer

or, my personal favourite

Kaiserdom.... 7 for 6 half litre bottles and its pretty nice most of the time

Or just do a split on a bottle of kinsey (wouldnt ever drink vodka but its worth a mention), or some other cheapo spirit like millers gold

so 6 yos could get you well on the way if played right, if not, its very manageable for less than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I bottle of Cococabana White Rum in Tesco = €7.89, one bottle of coke/fanta = €2.00, a bag of ice - 83c = pished...

I'm guessing maths isn't your strong point. That comes to €10.72

I like the bag of ice though, classy!:D

Advertisement