Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SABBATH REUNION

Options
  • 15-09-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Will it or wont it happen?? Just picked up Classic Rock mag,and judging by the article inside,its only a matter of time. What are your thoughts on this? I know what mine are-Please let it be true:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I didn't know Sabbath had actually broken up?!! I know Dio's death threw a spanner in the works, so I we just talking about Ozzy coming back? There's still some bad blood between himself and Iommi isn't there, over rights to loyalties or sommink like that?

S&*t, forgot about Ward. He's been off doing his own thing aswell, hasn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Yeah there was a lawsuit Ozzy (read: Sharon) sued Iommi over rights to the name "Black Sabbath". It has been settled http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/183342

So, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think Ward will only come back if the unreleased material the band were supposed to have recorded during their last reunion with Ozzy gets released. I think this was recorded in a studio in 2006 and then locked away, although I could be wrong on the date.

I read an interview with him recently were he said that he wants to see this released more then anything because he believes it could be the BS version of the Beatles 'White Album'

I think Ward will only come back if the unreleased material the band were supposed to have recorded during their last reunion with Ozzy gets released. I think this was recorded in a studio in 2006 and then locked away, although I could be wrong on the date.

I think it was earlier than that, around the time Ozzy got the boys together, (sans Ward) for Ozfest in around '97?? I think it was shortly after that.

• Advertisement

I think it was earlier than that, around the time Ozzy got the boys together, (sans Ward) for Ozfest in around '97?? I think it was shortly after that.

Maybe it was 96 then I had confused with 06...I dunno, but in any case, this does exist and should be released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Awh, I thought that this tread would be about an actual reunion instead of just talking about the possiblity of one happening :(. But, there has been loads of talk about lately, with nearly every member saying "never say never", so the door is open to one. But, it probably won't be for a couple of years, Ozzy has to finish touring for his last album first and I think Iommi and Butler are doing there own things for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 electricwizard

Will it or wont it happen?? Just picked up Classic Rock mag,and judging by the article inside,its only a matter of time. What are your thoughts on this? I know what mine are-Please let it be true:D:D:D

1. Yes, I think it will happen! :D
    2. I'd always pay good money to see Iommi :)
    3. It will probably be a mid-week O2 affair :(
    4. Can't afford the ticket price (to be) :mad:
    5. But it's Black Sabbath! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

hhhhmmmmmmm I'd probably go even though I prefer Dio-lead-Sabbath ... tickets would probably silly prices too if Mrs. Osbourne has anything to do with it (which she will ...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I would have preferred Dio sabbath. Ozzy is past it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Aye, could've saw them too at Maiden, sadly not though. But Ozzy Sabbath is still a great thing to see!

I actually prefer the music in Ozzy's era though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Nailz wrote: »
    Aye, could've saw them too at Maiden, sadly not though. But Ozzy Sabbath is still a great thing to see!

I actually prefer the music in Ozzy's era though.
    Yeah, would have been better than sweet bloody savage. Was an extra hour in the pub though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

This would be awesome if it happened!

I don't think Ozzy is past it. Yes, he may come across as a crippled old man, and he does look completly naff on stage now, but he still sounds the part, IMHO.

I just wish I was old enough to have seen Sabbath in their hay-day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bring it on. Only ever saw them live once, and Gillan was singing.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I would absolutely love to see Sabbath with Ozzy. I think he still puts a great show on when he's on stage. I mostly listen to Ozzy era Sabbath so would love to see a reunion show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Yeah, would have been better than sweet bloody savage. Was an extra hour in the pub though.
    Very true, wasn't too arsed by "Killing Time" either, a song only famous because another band covered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

galwayrush wrote: »

ah so you saw the "purple sabbath" days"!! :pac:

I would love to see an ozzy era sabbath reunion alright, saw oz in the point when i was workin there a few years ago and the guy outs on a greta show so sabbath would blow the roof off the place!

galwayrush wrote: »

facepalm2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MrsPaulStanley

Hey ^.^
    I'm 14, and ****ing adore Heavy Metal, Classic Rock, Death Metal, etc. I listen to REAL music, unlike most 14 year olds with ****ing '' Bieber fiever''.
    Sabbath are my 2nd favourite band, prefered them with Ozzy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Typical money spinning talk from Ozzy and his wife. I think Dio was dead something like a month when they were talking up the idea of a reunion.

Anything is fair game for those publicity whores.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ozzy playing Sweden Rock and Wacken next year. Doubt there will be a Sabbath reunion floating around by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

I have to say as a huge Sabbath fan, I like to think of Sabbath in their hey day with either Ozzy or RJ Dio. Gillan et al never did it for me.:(

Although a re-union may excite some, I don't like the idea of Ozzy on-stage now.

I saw Dio in 84 in the SFX (backed up by Queensryche) and Ozzy in 86 (during the perm years!), and I have to say, both were great even playing some of the old Sabbath songs. :D

I like to remember those memories as opposed to possibly having it all ruined!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

:o
    I think Dio is a little more past it than Ozzy at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Funny this thread should come back up now: according to Ozzy on a radio show the other day, the band "are in the talking process", but it's not going to happen soon. Ozzy is on a major tour over the summer.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Yes,according to the last Classic Rock issue,Mr.Butler said that anything before 2012 is unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

They'll be at the donnington anniversary next year I'd say. Meant to be some extravaganza in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Time for a Tony Martin reunion :) Ozzy struggles to find a key in his pocket these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

They've done it a few times already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Would like to see it happen fin a way, but unless they've a new album in the offing what's the point? Been listening to their stuff since the early 80s, dont think I need to hear them play the same songs again.

Advertisement