Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cub and Beaver Scout Leaders Needed: Balbriggan

Options
  • 15-09-2010 2:21pm

The Balbriggan Cub and Beaver Scout Sections are looking for leaders to become involved in the upcoming year.

The Cub Section (7-12 years old) has 2 groups, one which runs on Tuesday from 7pm till 8:30pm and another that runs on Fridays from 7pm - 8:30pm.

Beaver Section (4-6 year olds) is currently run on Saturday mornings from 10-11 am.

No previous Scouting experience is required, just a good sense of fun and a willingness to get involved.

If you are interested in becoming involved please PM me with your name, age and contact details and I will reply promptly.

Thank you.

Douglas%20scouts.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martin444b

hi my 2 sons wish to join your unit they are 6 and 5 can i just bring them down on saturday or do i need to register somewhere
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Have you reviewed your policy to allow girls join? My daughter would love to be involved, but the last I checked, girls not permitted? Never understood why!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

brownies are for girls, cubs and scouts have always been for boys.. for years it's been that way. Maybe balbriggan has a brownies club for your little one?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

afterhours wrote: »
    brownies are for girls, cubs and scouts have always been for boys.. for years it's been that way. Maybe balbriggan has a brownies club for your little one?

You're welcome to join us in the modern world anytime you like! Has not been that way for quite a few decades now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Madpaddy79 wrote: »
    You're welcome to join us in the modern world anytime you like! Has not been that way for quite a few decades now!!!!

It may be old fashioned but I do believe cubs and beavers should be just for boys while guides should be for girls. Interestingly the guides still seems to be just for girls:
    Chief Guide Liz Burnley said it was important to give girls the opportunity to 'be themselves'.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156369979

• Advertisement

Madpaddy79 wrote: »

It may be old fashioned but I do believe cubs and beavers should be just for boys while guides should be for girls. Interestingly the guides still seems to be just for girls:
    Chief Guide Liz Burnley said it was important to give girls the opportunity to 'be themselves'.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156369979

Wow, I'm just scraping myself off the floor !!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is not the forum for a debate on whether girls or boys should be allowed in Scouts or Guides respectively

If anyone wants somewhere that welcomes both, try the Sea Scouts

Beasty wrote: »
    This is not the forum for a debate on whether girls or boys should be allowed in Scouts or Guides respectively

If anyone wants somewhere that welcomes both, try the Sea Scouts

So why are you suggesting sea scouts, you have just joined and added to a debate! For the record the sea scouts and air scouts are all part of SI scouting Ireland, and all accept both sexes, but some troops are still in the dark ages, with a change of attitude comes new ideas and leaders of both sexes and they can join a modern ireland, and any unit will then flouish, but volunteers is the main problem, as the original title suggests. If the association can change, eg, cbsi, csi to SI, all units should adapt to modern times!

Any way I'm just amazed people still have such attitudes towards sexes!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

In case it was not clear first time, this is not the forum for a debate on whether girls or boys should be allowed in Scouts or Guides respectively

As that seems to be the only aspect some posters appear to want to discuss, I'm closing the thread

Thanks

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement