Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with phone

Options
  • 15-09-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

On the 23-8-2010 I took my Nokia E63 to the meteor shop in Kilarney to get send for repair. On the 1-9-2010 they got it back but when i went to pick it up it was a Samsung J700 they had and not my nokia. My Nokia had went to a C.P.W. in Sligo. I have been ringing the meteor shop in Kilarney everyday since the 3-9-2010. but they keep saying they will have it early next week, middle of next week ,or the end of next week. Is there anything I can do. Im starting to think the the lads repairing are after loosing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Send them a letter by registered post addressed to the manager. Detailing what you have said here and give them 10 days to reply. Demand with your phone or a replacement new phone of the same model.

Did you buy the phone in that shop?

If so, tell them if you do not get your phone or a replacement at the end of the 10 days you will proceed to the small claims court.

http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/pagecurrent/224D3F40A61421D280256DA6002EB56B?opendocument&l=en

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/courts-system/small_claims_court

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Send them a letter by registered post addressed to the manager. Detailing what you have said here and give them 10 days to reply. Demand with your phone or a replacement new phone of the same model.

Did you buy the phone in that shop? yes i got the phone in the shop

Anyone have letter I can look at to know how to make my one

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Conchurl wrote: »
    Anyone have letter I can look at to know how to make my one

Name of shop
    Blah Blah street
    Killarney

16 September 2010

Dear Sir/Madam

On the 23-8-2010 I took my Nokia E63 to the meteor shop in Kilarney to get it sent for repair. On the 1-9-2010 they got it back but when i went to pick it up it was a Samsung J700 they had and not my nokia. I was told my Nokia had been sent to a C.P.W. in Sligo.

I have been phoning the meteor shop in Kilarney everyday since the 3-9-2010. They keep saying they will have it early next week, middle of next week ,or the end of next week.

I am unhappy with the efforts so far to recover my phone, and am writing to inform you that if my phone, or a suitable replacement of the same model, is not returned to me within 10 days of this letter, I will be pursuing a claim for same in the Small Claims Court.

Yours faithfully,

Conchurl

got it back yesterday i had given them till 5 pm today in the letter. the man in the shop didnt even talk to me he just handed me the phone and walked in the storeroom till i left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Conchurl wrote: »
    got it back yesterday i had given them till 5 pm today in the letter. the man in the shop didnt even talk to me he just handed me the phone and walked in the storeroom till i left.
    great result!

was it your original phone you got back or did they replace it?

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    great result!

was it your original phone you got back or did they replace it?

ya it was my original phone i got back

Advertisement