Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys by Cisco WAG320N Wireless N Gigabit Dual Band Modem Router

Options
  • 15-09-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

hi does any one out there have one of these im lookin to see if you can chesck if it dual voltage. i need one that works on 110v im in brazil and decent routers dont exist here.

i bought a d-link one 6 months ago for €100 that went out of production in 2007 coz its the best one i could find (im sure they have better ones but im not drivin 300km to sao paulo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

It uses a 12V DC power supply so the WAG320N doesn;t care what the mains voltage is. The power supply would have written on it what voltages it works with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

bhickey wrote: »
    It uses a 12V DC power supply so the WAG320N doesn;t care what the mains voltage is. The power supply would have written on it what voltages it works with.
    well it converts a main voltage to 12v DC that is the router input, but that doesnt guarantee that the voltage converter accept an input voltage of 110-240v AC. depends on the thing router i have now is 100-120v with an out put voltage of 5v DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Iguana Bob wrote: »
    well it converts a main voltage to 12v DC that is the router input, but that doesnt guarantee that the voltage converter accept an input voltage of 110-240v AC. depends on the thing router i have now is 100-120v with an out put voltage of 5v DC

The power supply would normally have the AC input voltage range written on it. So if the router uses 12V DC, then you'll need one that converts 110V AC input (or one that says 110-240V AC input would also work) to 12V DC. A 5V one will not work.

I don't actually own the router I mentioned above I'm looking to replace the one I have with the cisco wag320. What I wanted to know was if anyone here had one so they could read the input voltage on the plug. I know it won't work on the 5v dc one I have

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

I have two netgear routers and the power supplies are 110-230v. They can be used with either or. I would think its the same in ur case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I have one of these, I'll tell you later what the rated input is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

testicle wrote: »
    I have one of these, I'll tell you later what the rated input is.

All you need is a plug converter, it takes 110->240.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

testicle wrote: »
    All you need is a plug converter, it takes 110->240.

So it has a 110-240V power supply.....just as i thought.;)

thanks lads that helps me loads. now i dont need a voltage converter

Advertisement