Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 coverage in Charlesland

Options
  • 15-09-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi All
    Am looking to get an iPhone4 shortly and have considered moving to the 3 network as they have a better offer. But wanted to check here first as I know other friends who've had network coverage problems in Charlesland..

So just wondering - is anyone on here on the 3 network and/or have an iPhone4 and if so whats the coverage like - have you had any issues? (Am currently on O2 and reception is fine).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Hi, i dont have the i phone but i am with three, the coverage was not great here a couple of years ago but now is perfect. Im in Seabourne so cant vouch for the rest of C'land

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

thanks for that! much appreciated.
    anyone else living in the charlesland development itself? all feedback welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I just switched from O2 myself. I actually can't get a signal from 3's 3G network in my house in Charlesland, but I get a strong signal from their voice only network. Not really a problem for me since I use WiFi at home for internet.

When I walk around the estate I notice I can get the 3G signal with two or three bars, so it might just be my house location.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LouiseMcNa

I had 3 mobile and could get reception but it is very poor. I left and went to vodaphone purely because I got so fed up with the customer service. It is somewhere in Asia (India I think) what annoyed me was it was the same routine no matter what your problem. Everytime they ask where are you, what is nearby - apparently it is to see if the signal is ok in your area. They always come back and say it is, but then they get you to change your settings on your computer - knocked off my Wifi and other stuff and never put them back on. I am not great on computers so just followed their instructions. It is also very hard to understand them at times. When I changed to vodaphone I got all sorts of calls up to 10 a day. I can't take personal calls in work but I would have loads of missed calls from them and messages. Then I got postcards from a UK company telling me a Mr Brown would be calling to collect the money (20 euro). I was told to pay the extra month due to not going through the dicsconnection dept or some nonesense. They cliam to be Irish but use a UK company for collections and they have no Irish call centres, Pity cause it would be nice to keep the jobs here. But personally I would stay well clear. Not saying vodaphone are amazing but so far they are better.
    L

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I just switched from O2 myself. I actually can't get a signal from 3's 3G network in my house in Charlesland, but I get a strong signal from their voice only network. Not really a problem for me since I use WiFi at home for internet.

When I walk around the estate I notice I can get the 3G signal with two or three bars, so it might just be my house location.

Are these problems still persisting? Looking at moving from o2 in the next few days as they are not competitive anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I have iPhone 4 with three. Same problem, I cannot get 3G in house but can get it out and about around the estate. Again this is not a problem as I use wifi, it is a problem if Internet is down and I want to use phone as backup.

Three telephone support is the worst I have ever had the pleasure to deal with and the email support as bad. I had to pay a deposit for my iphone4 about 12 months ago "because i signed up online" was told after 6 months it would be returned. Six months later and my 100 euro was not refunded. I called and they said they have no record of me paying a deposit, I was told to email them my email statement they sent me when I paid the deposit. I sent an email with ref number of the telephone call explaining above with a not copy of proof attached. 48 hours later I had a reply saying thanks for the email please send proof of payment and they would refund. I replied saying the proof requested was on the original mail. 48 hours later I was told to send my bank statements showing the payment had been made.

If you never have to deal with support the service is great. I would advise to buy through a three store as at least you can go to the store to deal with problems for you. Nearest is dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Are these problems still persisting? Looking at moving from o2 in the next few days as they are not competitive anymore.

Yes, and it's not just in Charlesland. I'm fed up now and pursuing a formal complaint with Comreg to get out of my contract. I would love to go back to 02 and get a service that works again.

If anyone is thinking of getting an iPhone 4 with 3, I advise you to first read the 3 forum on boards, which has multiple threads on the subject of iPhones not being able to connect to 3G (which is the whole point of the iPhone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Might be worth considering that the iPhone 4 is now on meteor too, but I haven't checked to see if they're more/less competitive than o2.

Advertisement