Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luttrellstown Community College?

Options
  • 15-09-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Has anyone know how kids are getting on in this new school? Are they happy? How are the teachers? Is there any news regarding getting a permanent building built?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DDPT

Hi there,

I don't have any children in the school but lots of friends do and some of my cousins are attending. I have grown up in the area and the general feed back is very good.

It is a large school and that obviously brings its own strengths and weaknesses.

The general mix also seems to be good and i will put it to you that it is easier to access (despite traffic) than marching the kids off to Declans, Cabra, Belvedere or Loretto!!

regards,

D

No news i bele

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jane17

certainly not a large school.2 second year classes and three first years!
    3 weeks into term everything good so far.
    new school should be ready in 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Just saw the follow concering bus services to and from the school http://www.joanburton.ie/?postid=1409

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

DDPT wrote: »
    I don't have any children in the school but lots of friends do and some of my cousins are attending. I have grown up in the area and the general feed back is very good.

It is a large school and that obviously brings its own strengths and weaknesses.
    I think you are mixing up Luttrellstown Community College, which is temporarily in the old School of Horology at the entrance to Connolly Hospital, and Castleknock Community College.

[RANT]Even CCC spent a year in temp accommodation. When will FCC and Dept of Education deliver schools on time - it's not as if secondary schools were born that recently.[/RANT]

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

daymobrew wrote: »
    I think you are mixing up Luttrellstown Community College, which is temporarily in the old School of Horology at the entrance to Connolly Hospital, and Castleknock Community College.

[RANT]Even CCC spent a year in temp accommodation. When will FCC and Dept of Education deliver schools on time - it's not as if secondary schools were born that recently.[/RANT]

Unfortunately these are some of the problems one encounters when local communities wont work with the state bodies to provide schools e.g. in the 1990s the residents of Beechpark objecting to CCC on Beechpark Ave on the site where Educate Together is now.
    And even to the present day when even the Labour Party and a small minority of people held up the site for LCC for almost 2 yrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

pondasher wrote: »
    And even to the present day when even the Labour Party and a small minority of people held up the site for LCC for almost 2 yrs
    Where is the LCC site? Do you know why the Labour Party and a small minority held it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

My son goes to LCC and I have to say im blessed to have him there :)

They are still in temp acc but this is not causing that much issues.

The principal is a very firm but very fair woman, which you need with teenagers.
    I would highly recomend this school but like everything the more the child puts in the more he/she will get out of it.

Advertisement