Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livliest Bar in Drogheda on a weekend?

Options
  • 15-09-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

Hoping to head to Drogheda to "celebrate :(" the 30th in a few weeks time. Anyone any recomendations on where to go for drinks? Somewhere fairly lively with DJ, late bar, cocktails etc?

Thanks,
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Bru
    Redz
    Star & Crescent

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

^^^^ agreed... possible McPhails too..

avoid shooters like the plague... you'll the only one over 18....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I like borocco, but it does be jam packed..

so if you like getting sweaty thats the place to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

furiousox wrote: »
    Bru -can be ok but alot of tossers in the place
    Redz - will be empty
    Star & Crescent - kip, full of knackers

Mc phails and barocco are the best spots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

A agree McPhails is probably the best pub in town but for a (girls?) 30th birthday party?
    Try asking for the cocktail menu in mcphails and see how far you get! :D

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Redz - will be empty

Very empty as its closed now and for sale.
    Trinity bit the dust last weekend too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

kbell wrote: »
    Very empty as its closed now and for sale.

its actually been leased out, should be opening back up soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Mc phails and barocco are the best spots

And onward to the Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 27 disc79

weavers re opens on the 23rd september . live music seven nights a week
    and thurs to mnaday open til 2.30

Central first then storm..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

kbell wrote: »
    The Trinity Arms has gone bust?? I used to have a pint in it while waiting for the Matthews bus back to Dundalk(if im talking bout the right pub)
    Wasnt the greatest spot but it seemed like a busy oul spot.God the pubs are taking some hit:mad:

Place on the corner of Trinity st, and Georges st (Dominics chiper), yeh thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

and then of course there is always the Sunshine Bar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Monstergaga

Hi,
    I would definitely recommend Bru! Im also having a my 30th there in few weeks. They have a great cocktail menu and if you call in advance they will reserve some tables for you. Music is a mixture of chart stuff/80's and 90's!
    Late bar until 1.30 afaik!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

and then of course there is always the Sunshine Bar :)
    We defnitly have to hear about the Sunshine bar;),there was once a bar of the same name in Dundalk that was mainly a students pub but was run without rules,in fact it was a Drogheda family that ran it:pac:
    Im wondering if there might be a connection here???(for anybody from Dundalk,The Sunshine bar was previously known as McsSorleys bar in Bridge street)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

We defnitly have to hear about the Sunshine bar;),there was once a bar of the same name in Dundalk that was mainly a students pub but was run without rules,in fact it was a Drogheda family that ran it:pac:
    Im wondering if there might be a connection here???(for anybody from Dundalk,The Sunshine bar was previously known as McsSorleys bar in Bridge street)

run by a clogherhead woman .Orla crilly i believe .

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

I think the Sunshine Bar Trafford Lad is refering to is that of the open air, I served the majority of my apprenticeship as a drinker within the confines of this location, Millmount, The Handball Alley, The Mollies etc. Oh the memories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pink16

If you are in Borocco before 11.30pm you can get a wrist band and get in the earth for €5 though Borocco so you won't have to q outside..well worth it in the rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

I think the Sunshine Bar Trafford Lad is refering to is that of the open air, I served the majority of my apprenticeship as a drinker within the confines of this location, Millmount, The Handball Alley, The Mollies etc. Oh the memories :D

LOL! I thought the sunshine bar was in Doner's Green?! Maybe I was at a different one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Any recommendations for a boozer in Drogheda that'd have the League Cup final on today? There is no English evening game so I'm hoping there are a few likely spots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

The Mariner down on the quays would be a good pub to try, always a good pub for football, one big screen and a couple of smaller ones, I'd say they are bound to have Setanta Ireland.

Thanks for that Trafford Lad will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

thecons wrote: »
    LOL! I thought the sunshine bar was in Doner's Green?! Maybe I was at a different one! :p

Also served some of my time there.

Finished up in the Westcourt front bar, Barocco last night. Very lively spot.

Noticed Redz and The Weavers both re-opened tonight.
    Trinity re-opened last week too.

Advertisement