Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work

Options
  • 15-09-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi All

Can you please advise where I can look for work in Donegal. I have been on fas.ie and also monster.ie but I am wondering if there is other places i can look. Is it worth my sending cvs to individual companies do you think? I will be moving up next summer so hoping to get the ball rolling soon, however it is parttime work I need so its there a community based website that advertises local jobs?

Many thanks

BTW it will be the Ballyshannon, Donegal Town Killybeggs area I will be looking at if that helps:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Hi,

What kind of work are you looking for?

At the moment Ballyshannon are having public meetings to see what way they can go to help attract jobs to the town..

Killybegs are also doing the same thing, but both towns do have high unemployment..

Donegal Town might be a good bet with the hotels and restaurants.. But it all depends on what kind of work you are looking for...

Look at irishjobs.ie, jobs.ie and donegaljobs.ie these might be able to help.

Also if you can try to log onto donegaldemocrat.ie..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DubMam

Thanks for the reply :)

My degree is in Hotel management and I have worked in all areas of hotels. For the last few years however I have been working in a business centre organising meetings front desk work etc so I am hoping I can pick up reception work somehwere maybe a jobshare as I can only work part time these day. I'll take your advice and keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

for hotels you would be best contacting them direct i would think
    in donegal town for instance
    central and abbey (jim white group)
    mill park
    harveys point
    solis lough eske castle

jacksons and villa rose in ballybofey

most go on short time or layoff now till easter though

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DubMam

Thanks for that, I'm thinking now maybe an estae agents office of solicitor, something that hopefully wont close for the winter. By the way have you ever heard of Scoil Aodh Rua & Nuala in DT? and wether it is recommended as a good school?

Thanks again

Advertisement