Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kombucha

• 15-09-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone in Cork or sub. have Kombucha to share?

Thanks for reply.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

its like 2euro a bottle in tesco..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

mawk wrote: »
    its like 2euro a bottle in tesco..

I think the OP is looking for the fungus(?) to make their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Not a beer, wine or spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Not a beer, wine or spirit!

Lower to very low alcohol fermented beverage of symbiotic organisms in line with a ginger plants and Kvass ( east European rye bread drink)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdx

I'm looking for fungus to make my own. Dont want chemical sh.t from tesco...

Its a drink made by yeast fermentation... not a beer, wine or spirit but kind of same kind.

• Advertisement

fdx wrote: »
    I'm looking for fungus to make my own. Dont want chemical sh.t from tesco...

Its a drink made by yeast fermentation... not a beer, wine or spirit but kind of same kind.

it main organisms is a Acetobacter with symbiosis with a form of wild brewing yeast and Brettanomyces another wild yeast

Some good video out there http://www.google.ie/search?q=Kombucha+cultures&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=LmU&rlz=1R1GGLL_en-GB___IE386&prmd=v&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=rs6RTNT6H8jKjAefj_TUBQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CC0QqwQwAw

I know what it is and what it does. I just want one.

(Ofcourse I can order one from ebay - uk, france or somewhere) but I want to get one locally as living creatures (yeasts and others) could not survive journey.

but I want to get one locally as living creatures (yeasts and others) could not survive journey.

Of course it can it just the compendious of the send and end user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jolilouis

I bought one from France in July (I'm in Brussels-Belgium) and there was no problem : it's still well and alive! From one disk about 10cm, I've got now more than 10 others ! It multiplies very easily. If you want, I can try to send one to you (shipping on your charge - of course :D)

Where are you from?
    contact me on private message or <snip> please.
    Do you have paypall account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kombucha

Hi,

Im looking for a kombucha culture. Im in the Dublin area and would like to buy local as possible.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jolilouis

Hi Kombucha,

I've sent a baby kombucha to fdx (look in the posts) and, later, he told me that he already had new ones. For he is your neighbour, it could be better to contact him. In case of, you can still get kombucha from me in Brussels (same conditions: shipping on your charge...)
    Good luck!

Thanks Jolilouis, I will try to make contact with fdx.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jtang

I don't suppose any of the dublin people would like to share some kombucha scoby's? I'm willing to pay for shipping costs.

I have not yet managed to get one, but will post you if anything comes up.

cool, well I ended up just ordering one from harmonikireland.com, I should hopefully get it in the next few days. If it's successful I could share it.

yes that is my next port of call. Thanks, good luck w brewing

well my starter kit has arrived and i've started brewing my first batch (well two seperate brews just in case if I mess up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 BiddyBob

And?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

• Advertisement

BiddyBob wrote: »
    And?

it's going good, it doesn't taste like the carpe diem stuff, but its good enough when i add ginger or fruits to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

so is online the only option or is it available in any stores?

again I'd rather shop locally and that excludes tesco.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rednessan

Thanks for reply.

Hey fdx, i'm tryin to start my own batch meself so any chance i could get a SCOBY off ya? I'm in the Cork area and can meet/pay for postage.

Thanks

Apologies for not checking in for a long time, have small scoby for whomever wants, Dublin area or will post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,785 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi folks:

Please use advert.ie if you wish to trade (free or otherwise) this item. These are discussion forums after all.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement