Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground in Drogheda

Options
  • 15-09-2010 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello
    We just move in Drogheda from Balbriggan one week ago,so don't know any playgrounds for my 2 years old son, we live in Colpe near South gates shopping center. Someone knows there is around playgrounds?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

There is a good playground on the Rathmullan Road, always seems busy so it must be good:). If you drive down into the town, past the bus station on your left, and past McDonnell's on your right...at the end of that road you will see a large gate, indicate left and go down on to Rathmullan Road (dont continue over the bridge), the playground is a little bit up on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

...and there's another one out in Laytown opposite Gilna's pub.
    Nice when the weather's nice, bleak when it's not.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

^ used to love going there as a kid, the old playground...yellow slide I think, red swings, red monkey bars, blue see-saw if memory serves me right..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 janusi4ka

thank you!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

if its raining etc the toddler area in funtasia is great. €6 a pop though....

• Advertisement

Hello again, i was thinking about playgrounds in Drogheda, i this this is not normal to have only one public playground in big town, there even don't go any buses! In north Drogheda there are so many fields, in Granth rath there is tennis courts, places for playing football, why they cant make any playground? I wanted to organize a letter with signatures of citizens, but i don't know where to go with this letter, please help anyone :)
    Thanks!!!
    P.S. Sorry about my English :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 irish pavee

janusi4ka wrote: »
    Hello again, i was thinking about playgrounds in Drogheda, i this this is not normal to have only one public playground in big town, there even don't go any buses! In north Drogheda there are so many fields, in Granth rath there is tennis courts, places for playing football, why they cant make any playground? I wanted to organize a letter with signatures of citizens, but i don't know where to go with this letter, please help anyone :)
    Thanks!!!

did you no the drogheda co.co did not want the traveller kids to play in that playground when they open it

did you no the drogheda co.co did not want the traveller kids to play in that playground when they open it
    why??? i mean why another chioldren cant play on this playground?

why??? i mean why another chioldren cant play on this playground?

it was on the local paper bot the traveller movement got in valled
    and the co.co pulled out bot i dont tink travellers go dear now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

it was on the local paper bot the traveller movement got in valled
    and the co.co pulled out bot i dont tink travellers go dear now

Any links to back that up? Can't see the Co.co being to bothered who plays in a playground. It's not as if they were going to put security on the gate to stop people getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

Don't bother Wile E, he's a wind-up merchant.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Irish Pavee, be you a traveller, Native American, African or space alien, you are posting on the Louth forum in a style classed as trolling. This means your are making senseless posts looking for conflict. Irrespective of your background, everyone must adhere to the rules of the forum.

Now, regarding the above statement, back it up with a link within the next 48 hours, or you will receive a 7 day ban from the forum.

delly wrote: »
    Irish Pavee, be you a traveller, Native American, African or space alien, you are posting on the Louth forum in a style classed as trolling. This means your are making senseless posts looking for conflict. Irrespective of your background, everyone must adhere to the rules of the forum.

Now, regarding the above statement, back it up with a link within the next 48 hours, or you will receive a 7 day ban from the forum.

it was in the drogheda leaderTelephone:
    +353 (0)41 9836100
    +353 (0)41 9843606
    +353 (0)41 9835700
    [EMAIL="news%40droghedaleader.ie"]news@droghedaleader.ie[/EMAIL]
    some time back go to drogheda leader wab page or call drogheda leder frank godfrey was the lordmayor at the time traveller movement will have a recoed.
    4/5 Eustace Street
    Dublin 2
    Ireland.
    Tel: +353 1 679 65 77
    Fax: +353 1 679 65 78
    itmtrav@indigo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Frank Godfrey was Mayor of Drogheda in 1992, 1994 and 2000, the playground was built after that sometime around 2002/2003 I think.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

+353 (0)41 9836100
    +353 (0)41 9843606
    +353 (0)41 9835700
    some time back go to drogheda leader wab page or call drogheda leder frank godfrey was the lordmayor at the time traveller movement will have a recoed.
    4/5 Eustace Street
    Dublin 2
    Ireland.
    itmtrav@indigo.ie

That won't suffice i'm afraid.

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    Frank Godfrey was Mayor of Drogheda in 1992, 1994 and 2000, the playground was built after that sometime around 2002/2003 I think.

no it was built in 2000

delly wrote: »
    That won't suffice i'm afraid.

dears not much more i can do for you all you have to do is call dem

no it was built in 2000

It was not, I was at a public meeting in 2001, the meeting was to set up a Drogheda child friendly committee one of the objectives was to get a playground for Drogheda as there was none at the time.

It was not, I was at a public meeting in 2001, the meeting was to set up a Drogheda child friendly committee one of the objectives was to get a playground for Drogheda as there was none at the time.

it must have been 1999 you war dear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Thanks!!!
    In my estate there was a playground until insurance reasons necessitated its removal, insurance is a big reason why there are so few.

maybe it was 2002 call the numbers i gave i did to day and they told me
    they will tel you to

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

And the Sh1t Stirring is allowed continue :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Mod is being very nice indeed.

And the Sh1t Stirring is allowed continue :confused:

well tom did you con any one out of dear drive ways to how much did you get

Well I did say 48 hours, but as irish pavee has stated he has no other resources to prove his point, the ban can start now for 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dcad

The original question from janusi4ka is a good one, thanks to those who have made some helpful replies.

However, does anyone have any advice on locations of parks etc around the whole county of Louth.

It would be very helpful information for any newcomers to the county ?

dcad wrote: »
    The original question from janusi4ka is a good one, thanks to those who have made some helpful replies.

However, does anyone have any advice on locations of parks etc around the whole county of Louth.

It would be very helpful information for any newcomers to the county ?

Good idea,

Walking over the head from the pier to the beach in Clogherhead

All the beaches

Old Mellifont, in the winter when they are not doing tours, great place for kids to play hide and seek and climb on the ruins.

Rathescar Lake and walk

Not in Louth but in Meath, Tayto Park only 25mins from Drogheda, I brought 4 kids there this weekend, they all loved it. Link www.taytocrisps.ie/park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Tayto Park only 25mins from Drogheda, I brought 4 kids there this weekend, they all loved it.
    I've not been but last time I was on their website I thought €40 to see a handful of animals and a few totem polls looked pretty expensive for 2 adults and 2 kids??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

+353 (0)41 9836100
    +353 (0)41 9843606
    +353 (0)41 9835700
    4/5 Eustace Street
    Dublin 2
    Ireland.
    itmtrav@indigo.ie

extraordinary how his English improved after that?! :rolleyes:

Advertisement