Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground in Drogheda

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Scotty # wrote: »
    I've not been but last time I was on their website I thought €40 to see a handful of animals and a few totem polls looked pretty expensive for 2 adults and 2 kids??

We bought a yearly family pass €150 for two adults and four children, its €100 for a family of 4 and something in-between for 5. When we went I paid €55 for two adults and 4 kids (not all the same family) and we all liked it so much I asked about the yearly pass and they let us buy it when we were leaving and deducted the price of the €55 ticket. You get a six pack of tayto for each person when you are leaving, we have been twice so could open a tayto shop soon.

I suppose it depends on the age of your children and how near you live to the park. From our house on the north side of Drogheda it takes 30 mins.

It is not fully open yet, there is a big play ground, animals and restaurants (surprisingly good food great prices) there will be more animal, a factory tour and an sky climb area for older kids and adults soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Respus

Should I update this post or start a new one? :/ I am wondering if there are any new places for toddlers in Drogheda.We are newcomers in Drogheda and also looking for some playgrounds ,beside the main one, Ramparts ,by the river,because it would take about 40 min walk to get there from south of Drogheda where we live. I know the the places like Funtasia or Tayto,but what I am looking for is the every day entertiment for kids like playground or nearby park-play-walk area.
    Thank you for info and advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

If it has to be within walking distance then I can't help.

If you are looking for a nice quiet playground suitable for toddlers that rarely has more than 2-3 people in it then there's a great one on the left just as you come into Duleek from the Donore direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Unfortunately six years later Drogheda still only has one playground. There's a skate park near the playground, and the walk to Oldbridge is really good too. Oldbridge estate, walled gardens etc is amazing, my kids love exploring there. If you are that far, you could also try Townley Hall on the other side, again good for walking / picnic (more of a forest than a park).

Theere are very few public facilities on the Dublin road side of the town other than Mornington/Laytown/Bettystown beaches and the playground in Laytown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Tullyallen and bettystown also have great playgrounds. Again, you would need a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Respus

Thank you for all tips.We'll be going around all of the places in our spare time as we really like spending our free time actively in the fresh air. It looks like people have their private mini playgrounds in own garden. Lucky you if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

There is my little play home the next left after the watch on the donore road its an indoor play area...they have a Facebook page...cheap and perfect for toddlers on those really bad days..

Lashes28 wrote: »
    There is my little play home the next left after the watch on the donore road its an indoor play area...they have a Facebook page...cheap and perfect for toddlers on those really bad days..

Kangaroo club? They closed didn't they ? https://www.facebook.com/KangarooKlub1/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It's not the kangaroo club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

It's called My Little Play home...
    It's in a unit that used to have kitchen showrooms...so in each area is different thing...dolls and pram...kitchen..supermarket...cars
    My two love it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

What is the heating situation like in My Little Play Home these days? Last time we were there, it was baltic in the place! Has it improved?

Lashes28 wrote: »
    It's called My Little Play home...
    It's in a unit that used to have kitchen showrooms...so in each area is different thing...dolls and pram...kitchen..supermarket...cars
    My two love it there

Oh didn't know about that one, seems like something my little one would enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Rathescar lake near Dunleer is another nice walk, you can feed the ducks in the lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Playground in Bettystown opposite the Maples....

https://goo.gl/maps/Cdui4YMY1wD2

.....and there's always the beach and the dunes.

Advertisement