Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child Care Question

• 15-09-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi.
    Can someone please tell me how much i would expect to pay to have someone mind my new born in my house mon-fri 8- 430 thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

At least minimum wage + prsi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dairymary

well probably will be cash ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You still need to pay minimum wage + prsi, any talk about black market labour will result in this thread being deleted.

Child minders mind children in their own home and are self employed so they are independent contractor so you can pay them less then minimum wage but if you have someone in your home then you are their employer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

dairymary wrote: »
    Hi.
    Can someone please tell me how much i would expect to pay to have someone mind my new born in my house mon-fri 8- 430 thanks in advance

10 euro per hour is the going rate in Dublin for minding in the child's home. Would work out a lot cheaper if you had the baby minded in the childminder's home though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dairymary

thanks for the reply's , baby is now up for adoption lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

I've been looking into my options on child care recently also. Interestingly the hourly rate charged in creches from what I have seen is about €5.70 per hour which is well below the min wage. Surely creches would be more expensive than a childminder when they have more overheads etc to cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Yes, but a creche is getting that €5.70 from many different parents so they are taking in more money to pay less people - for example, taking in €57.00 for three staff to look after 10 babies, plus overheads.
    A childminder is charging for 1 person to mind 1 baby - minimum wage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Was looking at a creche today where the hourly rate for parents who qualify for Family Income Supplement is about 2 euro an hour! Granted we live in the sticks so the overheads will be half that of creches in cities. It's a community-run not-for-profit set-up. I was very impressed (quite apart from the price!).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

community creches are brilliant for those that qualify for subvention.
    Think we pay about 8.40 an hour for creche 3 days a week.

Advertisement