Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Liability Insurance

Options
  • 15-09-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a self-employed music teacher and up until now I have been teaching in music schools and primary schools. However this year I am going to be running my classes from my own home. I am presuming I need insurance to cover my classes. I run about 9 classes a day monday to friday and so far have been quoted about 450euro for cover. This does sound right? I have no experience with this type of insurance so don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

anamaria wrote: »
    Hi,

I am a self-employed music teacher and up until now I have been teaching in music schools and primary schools. However this year I am going to be running my classes from my own home. I am presuming I need insurance to cover my classes. I run about 9 classes a day monday to friday and so far have been quoted about 450euro for cover. This does sound right? I have no experience with this type of insurance so don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated.
    I would have thought that Allianz (through your broker, not direct) would be able to do that for around €275-€300 under their 'social' product. Your broker will know what to look for. Even if you take out this cover, you need to inform your house insurers to note their file that the premises is being partly used for business purposes

Advertisement