Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silverstone Ferrari Thrill

• 15-09-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Thinking of getting himself a silverstone ferrari thrill experience for his birthday....only thing is it says he needs a full UK licence for more than three years. He has a full Irish licence for the last 7 years but I'm just wondering if this would suffice?

Anybody done this before where they were ok with just a full Irish licence?

thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just ask them but Im sure irish licence is perfect. Be sure to get him sonething with plenty of driving. Some of these thrill packages involve little driving. I would suggest that if you are going to the uk for something like this that you should spend as much as possible on the driving experience.
    Also, I have many friends who although into cars to a degree, an opportunity like that would be wasted on them so be sure that he is really into cars and a proper good driver of manual cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Cheers Mick! He's a heavy duty mechanic so eats,sleeps & breathes cars all day every day and has all his licences for artics, HGV's, cars, bikes etc so he's a good driver and is kinda why I picked this a present. Lol The main worry was that they wouldn't let him do it with just an Irish licence but hopefully will be OK.

Thanks a mil for all you help, much appreciated! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

janeybaby wrote: »
    Cheers Mick! He's a heavy duty mechanic so eats,sleeps & breathes cars all day every day and has all his licences for artics, HGV's, cars, bikes etc so he's a good driver and is kinda why I picked this a present. Lol The main worry was that they wouldn't let him do it with just an Irish licence but hopefully will be OK.

Thanks a mil for all you help, much appreciated! :D

Should suit him down to the ground so.

Advertisement