Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training Tips

• 15-09-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Woundering if anyone can help with a few questions i have, starting to get into Tri events, and looking for some help on where to get maybe good starter training guides? for swimming, running and cycling.

Would have a pretty good fitness level from playing soccer all year, i also do a nice bit of road/hill running.

Only started in the last week or so in the pool to work on my swimming as thats my weakest one, i can swim but not over a huge distance.

I know alot of the triathlones are finished for this season so i have time to get the swimming rite.

Looking at doing the westport sea2summit event to get things goin. probably the 27.5km route.

Any pointers are very welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

facebook sea to summit page has training tips from padraig marrey ... didnt seem to bad at first but all put together would make for a good weeks training... certainly more than ive been doing lately .. particularly on the bike... nice to get some sport specific tips from someone that knows what their on about

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheEagles

woody1 wrote: »
    facebook sea to summit page has training tips from padraig marrey ... didnt seem to bad at first but all put together would make for a good weeks training... certainly more than ive been doing lately .. particularly on the bike... nice to get some sport specific tips from someone that knows what their on about

Thanks for gettin back to me. i'll check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

there were a few threads in the main forum, a search for "first triathlon" should find them...

Advertisement