Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergic reaction to magenta ink

Options
  • 15-09-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with allergic reactions to ink? I've got some magenta in my tattoo about six weeks ago and it's still itchy and there is a slight rash as well. I was in for my final sitting yesterday and my tattooist told me that it's probably an allergic reaction. Does anyone know if this will affect the final finish of the tattoo and will the rash subside? I was thinking about adding to my tattoo with some small pink cherry blossoms but does this allergic reaction put a stop to that(I assume it will be all red based inks I'm allergic to?) or is there an alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

i had same reaction to a dark red ink but i have a lighter red in a different tattoo and had no reaction also have magenta and pinks in a few tatts no problem either so you might be lucky in that reaction will only be to that one colour

Advertisement