Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet tracking or log software

• 15-09-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

I havin posted in this section before but was lookin for some information. My internet cuts out for about 30 seconds to a min a few times a day and i was wondering is there a programme i could leave running on my computer to log each time it goes down and for how long?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The Bull wrote: »
    I havin posted in this section before but was lookin for some information. My internet cuts out for about 30 seconds to a min a few times a day and i was wondering is there a programme i could leave running on my computer to log each time it goes down and for how long?

Thanks in advance

Try having (win)mtr running on your machine when you are browsing the net.
    It will tell you where along the line your connection is dropping e.g. PC ->modem , Modem -> ISP, or beyond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Pingplotter would be the best, you can set it to ping to a server every second and it'll log it, although I think the paid only version can log so if you can acquire pingplotter pro it'd do the job ;)

Advertisement