Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donedeal

• 15-09-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Donedeal seems to be the best place to advertise.
    Couldnt believe it, just put ad in 2 days ago and its viewed over 100 times and got loads of inquiries straight away. And all for only €3, best bit of advertising i ever did!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

whelan1 wrote: »
    good news
    There you go now. Put in your ad for employee in the wanted section.

One carefully driven farm worker. No vices. No rust. Quiet and fruitfull. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

have to agree i think donedeal is class. one thing that annoys me is the amount of people advertising"SHOW TYPE" cattle that look only average to good at best and then looking for crazy money for them. how do people expect to get replies if they don't put a realistic price on what they sell:confused:

its amazing how small the auto trader has gotten since donedeal took off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

BUYANDSELL must be kicking themselves.
    They had the lion's share and they let it slip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

What surprised me most is how farmers have taken to donedeal. As a rule we wouldn't be considered to be the most computer literate, yet there is plenty of agricultural stuff there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

have to agree i think donedeal is class. one thing that annoys me is the amount of people advertising"SHOW TYPE" cattle that look only average to good at best and then looking for crazy money for them. how do people expect to get replies if they don't put a realistic price on what they sell:confused:

Guys are advertising average stock at crazy prices a couple weeks before they intend to bring to mart in the hope some luder might be crazy enough to pay that price....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

adne wrote: »
    Guys are advertising average stock at crazy prices a couple weeks before they intend to bring to mart in the hope some luder might be crazy enough to pay that price....

Thers's a luder born every day:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

...seen some nice collections of in-calf heifers on it. Usually advertising an upcoming sale.
    Not a bad idea at all!

my other half never sat in front of a computer before donedeal came out , dd5 thought him everything on the computer;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

its clever, they just did it better than the rest, made it easy to upload photos and easy to pay. now they have completely taken over the market. I enquired about putting an add in the clare champion newpaper there a while back, think they want 11.50 for a small add..crazy
    you can get a picture add with donedeal with a huge catchment for 3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

I sold 10 friesian heffers today thanks to donedeal and got 1350 for them.Better than puting it in the farmers journal anyway.Last year i also sold a calf feerder as well ,Good value i think:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 youngfarmer

I don't use done deal, had a look at it before and thought the ads were old. In fairness, i'm loyal to the IFJ, but leaving that aside, they have over 3500 new farming related ads online every week and it's fairly cheap too. think it's farmersjournal.ie/classifieds or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I don't use done deal, had a look at it before and thought the ads were old. In fairness, i'm loyal to the IFJ, but leaving that aside, they have over 3500 new farming related ads online every week and it's fairly cheap too. think it's farmersjournal.ie/classifieds or something like that.

I found the IFJ classifieds to be as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot. Not one call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

adne wrote: »

mate of mine had good stock for sale on Done Deal a few weeks back, his head was wrecked with people ringing him from the ad. At the end of the day he only got one person (time waster) calling to see the stock and everyone else said he was mad with the prices he was looking for. Brought them to the mart and got 30 a head more than what he was asking for, which over 10 animals adds up.

My thoughts are Done Deal is ok but not as great as some people are making it out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

i had two things for sale on done deal
    one of them was maybe a bit unusual but still
    only got one reply to both ads and that one reply had misread my ad
    and thought it was something else
    used the ifj last year for selling heifers and
    got a hugh responce
    next time i will put the ad on both and see how i get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Buying machinery, equipment whatever...

Do ya go for a look first and then make a second trip with the trailer or bring the trailer the first time... have you any bargaining power if the seller sees you coming with a trailer? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

generally I'd go with the trailer for smaller things anyway.

I've no problem turning and going home.

You will draw a lot of chancers on yourself with donedeal, but it's hard to beat the exposure for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

see instead of all adds been €3 they are going to have 3 price ranges €1, €3 and €5. I think farming is still €3. Small cheap items €1 and ) expensive (like a car) €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

For €3 euro you can't go wrong.
    I don't find too many messers turning up but the lads ringing offering half the price "cash if your stuck" really piss me off. I
    I think on two separate occasions a year apart the same lad made that offer to me for cattle I had up, feckin parasite.

Someone mentioned getting €30 euro a head more in the mart. For me, by the time I take a day off work, pay to have them drawn in, mart fees etc that would be a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭royalmeath

I have used the donedeal several times now and i have to say its great but it all depends on what your selling for example i had an old pajero with the head gone, i put it up and had it gone in twenty four hours. Similar experience with selling fr bull calves gone within24 hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

royalmeath wrote: »
    I have used the donedeal several times now and i have to say its great but it all depends on what your selling for example i had an old pajero with the head gone, i put it up and had it gone in twenty four hours. Similar experience with selling fr bull calves gone within24 hrs

I always keep a keen eye on the tractors advertised on donedeal by dealers. I'm constantly amazed by how long the same tractor can be advertised for. Tegan's of Roscommon have numerous tidy looking tractors being advertised repeatedly for nearly a year now.
    Farmers must be buying more new than second hand these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

bbam wrote: »
    For €3 euro you can't go wrong.
    I don't find too many messers turning up but the lads ringing offering half the price "cash if your stuck" really piss me off. I
    I think on two separate occasions a year apart the same lad made that offer to me for cattle I had up, feckin parasite.

Someone mentioned getting €30 euro a head more in the mart. For me, by the time I take a day off work, pay to have them drawn in, mart fees etc that would be a bargain.
    If you sold a few grands worth of cattle at home you would need to be sure of the rubber content of the cheque -:)

Tegan's of Roscommon

Regan's of Frenchpark? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If you sold a few grands worth of cattle at home you would need to be sure of the rubber content of the cheque -:)

If I don't know ya the cheque has to clear first... hasn't been a deal breaker so far..

Also, here in Cavan we loves the CASH :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

I always keep a keen eye on the tractors advertised on donedeal by dealers. I'm constantly amazed by how long the same tractor can be advertised for. Tegan's of Roscommon have numerous tidy looking tractors being advertised repeatedly for nearly a year now.
    Farmers must be buying more new than second hand these days!

Whatever you are selling will sell very fast if it is a bargain. People will be falling over themselves to buy if it is very cheap.
    Other things are seasonal like i was trying to sell a subsoiler and got no response during the winter but when the good weather came around it sold quick.
    The reason the dealers tractors are around a long time is they are asking big money for the tractors. I believe farmers are buying new.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

They're selling all sorts on donedeal these days :rolleyes:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/horses/3468098

bumder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Donedeal are uses adverts where a husband is sold, I bet if they had used a man selling off his wife, he would be a pimp and it would be said by some that the wife was being forced into prostitution or slavery...
    Of course they don't sell humans but for that ad they had to use a woman selling off a man, because if it was the other way around there would be uproar, but maybe they are advocating slavery???

• Advertisement

I don't get the other ad where she's selling off his stuff and they say you cannot buy or sell another person's stuff.........

Are you not buying another person's stuff?

i must have an honest face so:D no probs , gave him the cheque when i collected the cows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

never have a problem with collecting animals and handing over a cheque. Some people just trust each other. I have never being done by anyone yet! except by a neighbor who took some straw. If he had asked what was due for the straw I would have said its grand forget about it but the miserable person never even offered a cent

never have a problem with collecting animals and handing over a cheque. Some people just trust each other. I have never being done by anyone yet! except by a neighbor who took some straw. If he had asked what was due for the straw I would have said its grand forget about it but the miserable person never even offered a cent

Was it lying in the field for a while or how did he have such little value on the straw or YOU for that matter? You sound like a good neighbour to have

Muckit wrote: »
    Was it lying in the field for a while or how did he have such little value on the straw or YOU for that matter? You sound like a good neighbour to have

No as far as I remember it was bought straw that was put in an outlying shed that is beside a road which is about 100m from his farmyard. About 150 round bales in the shed and I would take away some whenever and never keep count. I told him take as many as he needed and let me know. I knew he would only need 10 or so. Reckon he took around 10. He would be the kind of guy that would say "ah sure they have acres of it". idiot, if he just said he took 8 whatever I would have considered it better him owing me a favor than I having a €100 in my pocket. you never know when you can need a neighbor on your side especially having livestock. Some people are just miserable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

maca1985 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think anyone can argue that they're top dog but I've started using www.bewaz.com aswell. They're one to keep an eye on plus they're free to advertise with. :)

And this being your first post on here, you might as well declare your interest or otherwise in www.bewaz.com:

• Advertisement

maca1985 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think anyone can argue that they're top dog but I've started using www.bewaz.com aswell. They're one to keep an eye on plus they're free to advertise with. :)

They're not top dog ...really?!?!? How do you prononce that word even...?? bewaz...what does it mean?

There's no farm section! I stuck in 'tractor' in the search bar and only one popped up! :o 'farm' only brings up one ad either.

As David Gray sang... 'say hello, wave goodbye!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

how can all these mowers be "farmer owned,only cut 200 acres"-when are we going to see "f**ked mower,**** driven out of it by any cowboy that would work cheap,only selling cause i noticed a little vibration in it before we finished up last year which you wouldn,t notice if you heard her first time but means she s f**ked:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

No as far as I remember it was bought straw that was put in an outlying shed that is beside a road which is about 100m from his farmyard. About 150 round bales in the shed and I would take away some whenever and never keep count. I told him take as many as he needed and let me know. I knew he would only need 10 or so. Reckon he took around 10. He would be the kind of guy that would say "ah sure they have acres of it". idiot, if he just said he took 8 whatever I would have considered it better him owing me a favor than I having a €100 in my pocket. you never know when you can need a neighbor on your side especially having livestock. Some people are just miserable

I don't get it? You told him take as many as he wanted and he took what he said he'd take (10) but you're annoyed at him. But if he had only taken 8 you would have been happy enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

I don't get it? You told him take as many as he wanted and he took what he said he'd take (10) but you're annoyed at him. But if he had only taken 8 you would have been happy enough?

You should read the series of posts farmer looking for straw asked Bob, Bob told him take away and keep count he came back told Bob he took 10 and that he owed him a favour, bob would have prefered if he told him he took 8 and paid for them.

Bob is annoyed over the fact that he did not offer to pay, I be annoyed myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Put a 01 scenic up on donedeal last night at midnight with plenty of good pictures and at a reasonable asking price, ignored a few texts, answered a few calls, sold it this evening, €200 cash deposit in hand, it's being collected Friday, took ad down this evening 5 minutes after another interested caller.

Can't complain about that! (Fingers crossed the deal goes through but with deposit in hand we're in a good position).

• Advertisement

just do it wrote: »
    Put a 01 scenic up on donedeal last night at midnight with plenty of good pictures and at a reasonable asking price, ignored a few texts, answered a few calls, sold it this evening, €200 cash deposit in hand, it's being collected Friday, took ad down this evening 5 minutes after another interested caller.

Can't complain about that! (Fingers crossed the deal goes through but with deposit in hand we're in a good position).

I'd been warned about texters and had decided to ignore them as if I were buying I'd want to go and see it and talk to whoever was selling to get a feel for them. Examples of texts received:

9am. What is best price for o1 scenic txt me
    2pm. Hi would you part with the scenic for 600 cash today
    5pm. Hay i have citroen xsara coupe 2002 1.4petrol nct 1.13 tax 8.12. Do you want swap for your renault?

You should read the series of posts farmer looking for straw asked Bob, Bob told him take away and keep count he came back told Bob he took 10 and that he owed him a favour, bob would have prefered if he told him he took 8 and paid for them.

Bob is annoyed over the fact that he did not offer to pay, I be annoyed myself.

Sorry for my complicated story. farmer asked me for straw. I trusted him and said grand and keep the count himself and let me know how many he took after winter.(I knew he only had about 20 calves and wasn't going to take many more than 10) He never came back to me to offer me payment. I don't know exactly how many he took but estimated he took around 10. If he had offered to pay I would have waved the payment, fact is he never even offer to pay or say how many he took.

I often would like the option to txt or email if some of the details are omitted. I have no interest in talking to someone who hasn't a clue what there selling. Anyone for a few purebred shorthorn bulls:):)

I often would like the option to txt or email if some of the details are omitted. I have no interest in talking to someone who hasn't a clue what there selling. Anyone for a few purebred shorthorn bulls:):)
    Yeah and I agree then it is handy to text or email. Genuine enquiries like that I've have answered. The texts I received were changing their arm and I've nothing against them. Buyer beware as much as seller be ware!

One thing I've noticed over the years is a small bit of extra care and attention when posting the ad goes a long way i.e. plenty good photos, concise exact detail with all the necessary info. Basically what I like to see when I look at an ad. For example one thing that is a turn off for me when looking at car ads is when the mileage is omitted.

Now that I've said my bit, can I txt u about them bulls? ;):)

P.S. Only joking by the way

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3570712

Is this another dodgy shiping deal, rang the number and only a voice mail on it to leave a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3570712

Is this another dodgy shiping deal, rang the number and only a voice mail on it to leave a message.

Ad is gone puds, your detective work must have spooked them!

God is good another plonker saved the pain, donedeal is geting good to spot the them.

Advertisement