Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hospital visits

• 15-09-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Expecting my 1st baby in May next year.
    I just got a letter from the Hospital with my first appointment for early november at which stage I'll be 15 weeks.
    Is this normal or does it seem quite late??
    Thanks!
    No doubt I'll be on with plenty more questions over the coming months :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:)
    Is that for bloods or your 1st consultant appointment?
    15/16 weeks sounds normal for public the crowded Dublin hospitals atm

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Starting to get excited now....altho trying not to.
    Have told some fierce amount of fibs over the last week or 2.
    Was my own birthday just under 2 weeks ago, had my new godsons christening at the weekend and have another party to go to this weekend. Coming up with excuses for not drinking at any of them is great fun :o
    We havent told anyone yet but I dont think anyone suspects! We're gettign married next yer so everyone thinks ll the focus is on that!!!
    It will be my first time into the hospital.
    GP didnt mention anything about bloods that day!
    Is in Mullingar hospital

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hi and congrats :)

I was seen at 10 weeks on this one as I was considered high risk having miscarried twice, on the pregnancy before that they weren't going to see me until 20 weeks :o that was the Rotunda..

There is a huge baby boom on at the minute so the queues are very long.. Best of luck, hope all goes well for you :)

Hi,
    Thanks and Congrats to you too.
    Thought they might see me a little earlier as im asthmatic but sure if thats the norm then Im happy enough with that!
    Considering going to get an early scan done.....before we tell anyone!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the GF is due in April 2010 and she is getting first scan on 8th Oct at the rotunda, at which she will be just a day under 14 weeks please god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ringy

I was seen at 15 weeks in Mullingar. It seems fairly normal

Thanks for the replies everyone.

@ Ringy - Can I ask how you got on in Mullingar??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ringy

Thanks for the replies everyone.

@ Ringy - Can I ask how you got on in Mullingar??

Grand, was only there last week. Was with consultant for about 10 mins. Saw 3 midwives before that for bloods, weight ets.
    I've had scans with my doctor from 6 weeks, found I saw much more on those

Advertisement