Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Sport Enniscorthy 10K 13/2/2011

• 15-09-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Slaney Olympic AC is delighted to announce that the 2011 My Sport Enniscorthy 10K will be held on Sunday Feb. 13th 2011 at the new time of 12.00pm.
    Full details and entry here on Run Ireland http://www.runireland.com
    Let us know what you think.

How would you rate this race? 9 votes

Excellent
    0%
    Good
    88%
    Dilbert75Oryxitsalltruecwgatlingfitness fanThe WexicanMy Sportfreedom13 8 votes
    Average
    11%
    damanloox 1 vote
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

My Sport wrote: »
    Slaney Olympic AC is delighted to announce that the 2011 My Sport Enniscorthy 10K will be held on Sunday Feb. 13th 2011 at the new time of 12.00pm.
    Full details and entry here on Run Ireland http://www.runireland.com

Let us know what you think.

Did this in 2008 and I hope it dont be on the same day as the kilmacthomas 5.
    First class race with great grub afterwards and spot prizes galore.
    For me its a thumbs up. Can one enter on the day ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 My Sport

Good
    Limited entries are available on the day but it will cost a little extra. Full details on Run Ireland. SLaney Olympic AC are encouraging as many as possible to enter on line for administration purposes.(It will help with the chip timing) Thank you for your kind comments, a lot of work goes in to the race.

Just a note on the price/profits from the race. As I am member of Slaney Olympic AC my company sponsors this race, we make no commercial gain from it. This race is Slaney Olympic's main fund raising event of the year and money raised goes towards club development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Did it last year, great race and nice course. Well worth the travel down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Good
    Hope the on-the-day entries will have a quicker check-in that the pre-registered - it was slower this year for the pre-registered than the on-the-day.

Good
    Hi Dilbert75, this has already been addressed at a planning meeting a couple of weeks ago. The problem last year was a large volume of people having to use the same doorway to enter and exit the 'pack pick up area'.

We will have a Marquis for this next year; this should resolve the congestion problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭rosscollins88

Hey folks just wondering if this is the route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/enniscorthy/124126644088776914

The hills don't look dead on and 4 miles down hill to finish! Hoping for a big pb.

If that ain't the route can anyone show me the correct one please.

edit: Should have read, "The hills look dead on and 4 miles down hill to finish!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Not sure if its the route, as not from the area but i ran it last year and its a tough but great course. First km is tough, there is big hill in middle and a gradula incline from 2km to 500m to go. last 500m to go you fly down a hill.

Id highly recommend it

Good
    Hi Rosscollins,

Yes I can confirm that the course you refer to, is indeed the 10K course. There only real hill on the course is at about the three mile mark where there is a down hill section followed by a 'shortish' hill. Anything else on the course could be best described as a drag.

Usually anyone who completes the course is complementary about it.

John, My Sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭rosscollins88

Cheers for the responses. I think it looks like a fast enough course. Looking forward to it!

See ye all down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Average
    can anybody give me directions how to get to car park/changing area (perhaps google maps location)...?
    thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭My Thoughts

Good race today - well organised all round, good crowd & great atmosphere, very enjoyable. I was a little slower than I hoped but this was down to a bad decision to do a nasty metcon yesterday. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Good race today, well organised. Well signposted, great marshaling.

Was there a water station during the race? If there was I missed it.

Bit chaotic queuing for the ladies toilets beforehand, until we discovered loads of empty toilets in the school.

Pb for me. :D

Average
    Great race, well organized (toilets could have been better though ;-)), great marshals, great supporters ;-). Well done!

Can anyone in the know put link here to results when they are available?

Thanks! :D

Edited to add - Just got chip time via text!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

annieee wrote: »
    Can anyone in the know put link here to results when they are available?

Thanks! :D

Edited to add - Just got chip time via text!

Share with the group please ;)

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Share with the group please ;)

Nah, don't want to make you all jealous. :rolleyes:

In case you didn't get your result via text - they're available @ http://www.redtagtiming.com/results/Mysports10km_Results2011.pdf

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Good
    My third time doing this, really enjoyed it today with the local crowd. A pb for me and a lovely cuppa afterwards :) Thanks a mil, John, good event as always. :)

Average
    could you post the results in some other format (excel etc) or sorted by chip time please...

• Advertisement

There's an Excel version availble on the RedTag site too ==> http://www.redtagtiming.com/results/Mysports10km_Results2011.xls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Lindie has some pix here: http://lindie.zenfolio.com/p590027023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Good
    annieee wrote: »
    Good race today, well organised. Well signposted, great marshaling.

Was there a water station during the race? If there was I missed it.

Bit chaotic queuing for the ladies toilets beforehand, until we discovered loads of empty toilets in the school.

Pb for me. :D

PBs for me and my OH too - was happy with the race overall. My Mrs found the same problem with the loos (pity we didn't know about the school) but other than that it was spot on. Great feed afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Wexican

Good
    Really enjoyed this race. Tough but fair course. Very well organised and marshalled. Managed to break 50 for the first time in a 10k. Think I might of shaved another minute/two of the time if I hadn't headed out pinting with my brother in law last night.

I think for any future races in Wexford I might drive down on the morning instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Jesus,some cracking times tere...2 under 30 mins,dont see that often as well as Alan o Shea 3rd or Sandis 4th....must be a good course,maybe one for next year.

Good
    Thank you all for your support and kind comments. We will of course take on board your comments about the toilets and look at ways of addressing this for next year.

It seems that quite a few PBs were achieved today - excellent, well done to all.

The race is growing in popularity year on year and it is through your feedback that we can improve it every year. I want to shout out a big thank you and well done to all my fellow members in Slaney Olympic AC who work so hard to make the event a success.

Other excellent races to train for include the Rosslare 10K:), Wexford Half Marathon(new faster course):cool: and of course the fantastic Enniscorthy Strawberry Half Marathon.:D

Thanks again

John O'Leary
    My Sport & Slaney Olympic AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Sosa wrote: »
    Jesus,some cracking times tere...2 under 30 mins,dont see that often as well as Alan o Shea 3rd or Sandis 4th....must be a good course,maybe one for next year.

Definitely good course. Little tougher than i was expecting but none the less still fast course at the same time. Took a min off my own PB in it ( though just missed the sub 35:mad:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

ecoli wrote: »
    Definitely good course. Little tougher than i was expecting but none the less still fast course at the same time. Took a min off my own PB in it ( though just missed the sub 35:mad:)

Well done ecoli...good running.
    I will be hunting for sub 36 in 2 weeks in Dungarvan,another fair 10k route if your interested.

Well done ecoli...good running.
    I will be hunting for sub 36 in 2 weeks in Dungarvan,another fair 10k route if your interested.

unfortunately will be taking a break from chasing PBs to fulfil club duties with a bit of XC for the inter clubs. Have to get back to my mucky roots;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

Other excellent races to train for include the Rosslare 10K:), Wexford Half Marathon(new faster course):cool: and of course the fantastic Enniscorthy Strawberry Half Marathon.:D

Don't forget the other great Wexford race the Kilmore 10K set for 10th September.

Well done Slaney AC on a great race.

Good
    Absolutely right! The Kilmore 10K is another cracker:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭nordine

Had to miss this with a dose. Spoke to loads of people last night and it sounds like it was a great day. Strewberry Half will be the next target.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭itsalltrue

Good
    enjoyed the race. Second time ther and went a little bit quicker, hope to be back next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

agree totally and savage time for the first lady also, 34.xx , flora womens mini marathon winning time , easily !

Average
    ahh.. what a shame... official results are "race time" and not chip "net" time... They've stolen over 40 seconds of my time :(

http://www.slaneyolympic.com/2011/02/14/records-tumble-at-mysport-10k/

• Advertisement

damanloox wrote: »
    ahh.. what a shame... official results are "race time" and not chip "net" time... They've stolen over 40 seconds of my time :(

Ha! No way! I'm sticking with my chip time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcunniffe

Hi,

Any race held under AAI rules (and therefore IAAF) rules will rank the finishing places based on Gun Time only (aka Race Time). Chip time is for your own records.

See this thread from last year:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055913546

John

jcunniffe wrote: »
    Hi,

Any race held under AAI rules (and therefore IAAF) rules will rank the finishing places based on Gun Time only (aka Race Time). Chip time is for your own records.

John

Feck. :(

Average
    jcunniffe wrote: »
    Hi,

John

... and another 40+ seconds of my life wasted :(
    couldn't they at least publish chip time on the web page... just to make us all happy..? ;-)

... and another 40+ seconds of my life wasted :(
    couldn't they at least publish chip time on the web page... just to make us all happy..? ;-)

http://www.redtagtiming.com/results/Mysports10km_Results2011.pdf

your wish is my command:D

• Advertisement

Good
    I'll see if I can get the Slaney Olympic site updated to reflect your request - no promises though.

Average
    I'll see if I can get the Slaney Olympic site updated to reflect your request - no promises though.
    that would be great - thanks!

Advertisement