Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thread where a guys climbs a really high tower (merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

kraggy wrote: »
    Yeah, how does that work actually?

He clipped in on to the a place near the top. What would happen if he had fallen before he clipped it on? Is there another one below him or something?

They free-climb :eek: :eek:

Anyone else think the hard hats are a bit useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

im suprised how dizzy watching that made, I bet he didnt recon he'd be doing that when he finished his fas electrician course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

They free-climb :eek: :eek:

Anyone else think the hard hats are a bit useless?

hard hat is probably in case someone above ya drops a hammer. Ya dont wanna be knocked out at 1700 feet!

scary video though!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Normally my youtube attention span is approx 40 seconds but I was glued to that.

Like a lot of people here I had sweaty palms and nausea, amazing reaction from a video, never even felt like that watching a horror film.

Can't imagine doing that climb the morning after session entailing 11 pints of porter, a few cheeky JD's and a lamb balti at 4am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TheOnLineEngineer.org. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Agonist wrote: »
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TheOnLineEngineer.org. :(
    Where’d the video go?
    Posted in Broadcasting, New!, Safety, TheOLE.Org on September 13th, 2010 by Russell Brown – 7 Comments

I sent out an email this weekend advertising a new video about tower climbing. It was a great video and I wish I could show it to you but the person I got it from expressed some concerns about how it reflected on the tower industry and ask me to take it down. So I did. But not to worry, we have agreed to work on more videos in the near future and I am sure they will be as good or better than the one I had to take down.

Sorry if you feel mislead or cheated but it was the only thing I could do.

I will let you all know when we have more videos on tower climbing, hopefully in the very near future. Thanks for tuning in. Russ
    http://www.theonlineengineer.org/TheOLEBLOG/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

the trouble with letting something out of the box
    this is the video that was taken down

the Paris crane stunt is still pretty good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

I see no nuts.

Son..........

i am disapoint

(no homo on the nuts thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Its been takin down!! boo!

anymore links? what exactly am i looking for aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Scariest job video above.
    It still works.
    Guy climbing a 1700ft tower.

Much past 50ft its really not worth being scared of heights.
    More of a don't be careless and fall off situation.
    Also, it pays well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Just look horizontal.
    Not at your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Getting up is the easy part, how in the name of fook do you get down without browning your shorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

That's utterly terrifying. My head is swimming and my stomach is lurching. Wow

Anybody else think this reads like the Man Gets Hit By a Train - NSFW thread?

Getting up is the easy part, how in the name of fook do you get down without browning your shorts
    Its not terrifying, its normal.
    You never lose the fear though, thats what keeps you awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Haha my palms are soaked! And my feet are tingling. You'd want to be pretty hard to do that climb. I'm a wuss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

that link is gone and the video o youtube has been taking down ??? whats goin on im dying to know

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

A V A wrote: »
    that link is gone and the video o youtube has been taking down ??? whats goin on im dying to know

Someone already posted the Liveleak link on the last page...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=07b_1284580365

wow i dont know how many times i **** myself , fair play to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

He should have done an Assasins Creed jump from the top of it.

• Advertisement

8would they not have a parachute ???it would be easier than climbing the whole way down ??

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

:eek: i would not be able to do that, i feel sick watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anybody else feel that they'd be tempted to jump off if they were up there??? ......not that I would..... but I feel kinda curious as to what would happen (obviously I would die). It's the same with any skyscraper, high building etc. If I was up there, I wouldn't be afraid I'd fall, I'd be afraid I'd jump off..... freaky feeling! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Anybody else feel that they'd be tempted to jump off if they were up there??? ......not that I would..... but I feel kinda curious as to what would happen (obviously I would die). It's the same with any skyscraper, high building etc. If I was up there, I wouldn't be afraid I'd fall, I'd be afraid I'd jump off..... freaky feeling! :eek::eek:

I know just what you mean. Maybe it's why I'm afraid of heights. My body saying don't go up there Tom. I know you'll just jump off!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Getting vertigo just watching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

That's the best video I've seen in ages.

Big time got the heeby jeebies. Bet I'll be dreamin of fallin off that for the next few weeks.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhtgsAXmz7U&feature=related

this job is like getting a blowjob from an eighty year old ! you never look down !:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

It came up in a different thread already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

It came up in a different every thread already

fyp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

:mad: typical ! thanx for letting me know .

Advertisement