Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange problem with eircom broadband

• 15-09-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

We got eircom NGB a few weeks ago to replace digiweb who where actually perfect except for the tiny cap they had.

Anyway ever since the eircom modem arrived my pc that is connected to the modem with the LAN cable seems to be having connectivity problems, the odd time i will not be able to get a web page for say 10min or any connection to the internet. I dont mind that too much but when i go to download a torrent i will get no connection to anything until i stop the torrent, now the torrent still downloads at top speed and the wifi will work perfect off the laptop but the desktop will lose all other internet connections
    I tried a few clients all to the same effect.

I just cant figure it out :mad:

Also a side note the xbox which is connected to the wifi, losses connection after 10mins connected every time, even though nothing else is using the network at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

The eircom modem is generally reported as crap to be honest.
    Have u tried plugging it out for 30s and back in again?

Id change it for a reputable adsl modem/router first chance you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sandy Ravage

Go to the modem setup page 192.168.1.254 nd then network on the left hand side. Under network there is another tab called NAT. Go into this tab and chnage the 512 in th ebox to 2048 or 4096 whichever the modem will allow. This may sort out the problem for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

the problem is with the modem.

open this page http://192.168.1.254/NAT_General.html
    password is broadband1
    set the number of sessions to 2048 or 4096. 2048 is the highest setting on the older firmware.
    This will fix the internet stopping when torrents are running

as for the xbox thats a problem withthe way the modem handles wpa.
    you can increase the reauthentication timer to 9999 and that should keep it connect for about 3hrs. other remedys whould be to use an ethernet cable or change the encryption to wep as it has no reauthentication timer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭andy125

Thanks guys, seemed to sort the problem out on both accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

This worked perfectly for me too.. great advice!!! thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement