Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresher's Ball

Options
  • 15-09-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what exactly the ball is?, is it just a normal night out with all fresher's or what? and is it like a debs like do you wear a suit or jus normal casual shirt and jeans type thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

SaucyB wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering what exactly the ball is?, is it just a normal night out with all fresher's or what? and is it like a debs like do you wear a suit or jus normal casual shirt and jeans type thing?

Its a normal night out with freshers, a shirt jean and shoes will be grand. The only events you'd really get done up for is the graduation and the wedding in rag week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Its just a regular night out - shirt and jeans
    Its in Ridleys and is always good fun - you dont have to be a fresher to go either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaucyB

Agh rite thats cool, ive never gotten into ridleys hope they let me in for this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If you've student id they should, if they dont, complain to the SU, it would be a bit of a joke if the official student nightclub didnt let in a legal student with student id on a student night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaucyB

Yes thats what i was thinking of doing, problem is the bouncers have never even given me the chance to show my id they always say, im to drunk (evn tho i havnt drank before i went out) they tell me its 21's when its not or they just say not tonight lol, im just awaiting the legendary camera says no lol but il try anyway and if not il complain to SU. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

worst was they refused me (i am 18) last sunday because itw as over 19s. Who made that stupid rule of over 19s, i understand 21s but 19s like.

Anyway looking forward to freshers week and should be good ppz

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

oddo wrote: »
    worst was they refused me (i am 18) last sunday because itw as over 19s. Who made that stupid rule of over 19s, i understand 21s but 19s like.

Anyway looking forward to freshers week and should be good ppz

over 19s madness! never heard of a rule like that if it makes ya feel any better im still getting rejected from nightclubs im 21 :(

how man?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

oddo wrote: »
    how man?:eek:

I dont know....:(
    Im sick of it at this stage im growing a beard or perhaps mustache no bouncer would ever stop a man who looks like mr pringle except for maybe mr Tayto :P

stooodent wrote: »
    I dont know....:(
    Im sick of it at this stage im growing a beard or perhaps mustache no bouncer would ever stop a man who looks like mr pringle except for maybe mr Tayto :P
    haha good luck:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is that in Limerick stooodent? I've heard its a joke of a place for 18 year old's, it is a bad sign of the state of the country when someone of legal age can't get into a nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Just to point out, i turn 21 on thursday night - so im expecting many free drinks from boardsies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

There is no actual rule of Over 19's etc... Once you are over 18 they cannot refuse you on age grounds but on another matter...

Well they did, but in relation to freshers ball, was unreal ha

Advertisement