Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Graphics Card?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Completely unrelated to the thread it was posted in. Split to new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

So a €100 graphics card isn't considered a budget card? Okay then.

Its not considered a budget PC, that's for sure! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

On some sites like hardwareversand 100 will actually get you very high up the benchmark list. "budget" would be more around 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I recommend the ATI 5670, its an entry level card that will play most games

The 5750 is much better but hard to find one at 100 euros.

This chart will give you an idea of relative performance amongst graphics cards
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTS_450_TOP_DirectCU/28.html

• Advertisement

1. Pretty sure free delivery offer is only for UK
    2. Even if that wasn't so it would still be cheaper from Komplett or Pixmania or somewhere - those prices are horrid :eek:

IMHO you should hang on for a few weeks unless you have very simple requirements. The low-end market near Ireland is horrendous at the moment, with HD5670s near €100 and HD5750s well over €100. This is neither normal nor sustainable, so if you wish to game at resolutions above 720p sit on your hands and wait for the influx of GTS450s to push their own and the competing HD5750 prices down. Paying any more than €100 for either is daylight robbery :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

also my advice is to stay away from komplett.ie right now as they are a complete mess, but ya you should be looking for something like a 5770 ideally try pixmania ive no bother recommending them as i just got a pc off of them

Komplett aren't that bad so long as you get something already well in stock via the Blanch pick-up point, I'm more worried about the ever-increasing prices :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I'll hang on a while so. Thanks.

I was looking at Amazon because they tend to be cheapest for most things, but when it comes to graphics cards i don't know what I'm looking at. It's just all random numbers to me.

*Amazon do indeed deliver free to Ireland on orders over £25. Just as long as it's actually them you are buying from and not one of their resellers.

Nice to know ;)

Their GPU prices still suck though :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement