Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America, Home of the free.......

• 15-09-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/09/silence-is-death-of-liberty.html

Try the link for all the other links

Silence is the Death of Liberty

First they tortured a U.S. citizen and gang member ...
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a criminal

Then they tortured a U.S. citizen, whistleblower and navy veteran ...
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a whistleblower

Then they locked up an attorney for representing accused criminals ...
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a defense attorney

Then they arrested a young father walking with his son simply because he told Dick Cheney that he disagreed with his policies ...
    I remained silent;
    I've never talked to an important politician

Then they said an entertainer should be killed because she questioned the government's version of an important historical event ...
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't an entertainer

Then they arrested people for demanding that Congress hold the President to the Constitution ...
    I did not speak out;
    I've never protested in Washington

Then they arrested a man for holding a sign ...
    I held my tongue;
    I've never held that kind of sign

Then they broke a minister's leg because he wanted to speak at a public event ...
    I said nothing;
    I wasn't a religious leader

Then they shot a student with a taser gun and arrested him for asking a question of a politician at a public event ...
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a student

Then they declared that they could label U.S. citizens as "unlawful enemy combatants" and imprison them indefinitely - and even assassinate them - all without trial ...
    I remained silent;
    I assumed I wasn't on a list

When they came for me,
    Everyone was silent;
    there was no one left to speak out.

Comments

Advertisement