Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Federation backs 50-50 extension, wants 800 recruits from current campaign.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Thanks for posting the link - very interesting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭thebakerboy

Heard this on the news this evening, there will definitely be a backlash to the comments on 50/50. But it is good news about their thoughts on the policing numbers. Would be nice to think, for a wee while anyway, that this could be the "mother" of all intakes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Sounds good for us hoping to join, pity about the fact that the scumbags in our society have the police federation making that type statement. what do you all think though? Is 1000 extra officers not a bit of an exaggeration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Given the current financial climate there are 2 chances of 1,000 extra officers - slim and none !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

If they are going to have an intake how much notice would you get? Im just thinking that if there was to be a November intake all you people at the top of the list would probably need to be getting calls soon to allow for people to leave work etc.

• Advertisement

Would they not also have to run another campaign to get these 800 new officers? Surely if this campaign has been run with the end goal of getting 220/440 (whichever it's meant to be this year) recruits from it then the numbers would be off with them setting pass marks and that to progress just the numbers they needed to work with...if you catch my drift?
    I can't see it happening though, either way...with budget cuts looming I just can't see how this funding needed for it could just become available to them. Alot of woulds, coulds and ifs involved here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

TBH from what i am hearing, they are asking and saying they need 1000 more recruits, so that when cuts are made they get a higher number.

Hope that makes sense.

For example - if they say they need 440 more recruits, when cuts come in they might only get 250 places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

"current recruitment procedures." ie 50/50.

NOT

Current recruitment campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I don't think they really care by what method the recruits are selected, they just want more recruits - this would be a good thing for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

I think I can speak for many people on here when I say that it would be nice if the PSNI could use the up-coming letters that are being sent out to give us some clarity on all this. I wouldn't say that this job means any less to the thousands of other applicants, but those of us who check this forum every day and share experiences are extremely committed to this, and for many it's our dream job.

Just a small rant, we've got so close but still have no idea how far off we still are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

Definate need for more officers for sure. however i don't see why 50/50 has to continue to recruit the personnel.
    Sure, let the 50/50 continue as per patton to march but after that, future recruitment should be based on the best person for the job, ie a merit list that runs from top to bottom. the top 440 get in, the rest dont. not someone with a merit place of 800 getting in before someone at 350. Positive discrimination needs to be binned following the end of Patton in my opinion

Advertisement