Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CE Scheme and rent allowance??

• 15-09-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me if your rent allowance is affected on the ce scheme??i was told by one person its not touched for the first year and sum1 else told me you lose it all....does anybody know ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

sassychick wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if your rent allowance is affected on the ce scheme??i was told by one person its not touched for the first year and sum1 else told me you lose it all....does anybody know ???

When most people say Rent Allowance, they are generally referring to Rent Supplement, which is paid by the Community Welfare Officer of the HSE for private rented accommodation. If this is what you mean, according to the Citizens Information website (here) if you are on a Community Employment Scheme
    the amount of Rent Supplement which you get may be reduced.

I presume this is what you're enquiring about.

If you are talking about Rent Allowance, this is a different payment, which is payable to tenants of certain dwellings affected by the de-control of rents on 26 July 1982.

According to the Social Welfare Guidelines page:
    Rent Allowance is not assessable as means for other Social Welfare or Health Service Executive payments.

I don't see any mention on the Rent Allowance Guidelines page of CE Schemes.

Advertisement