Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PanterA

Options
  • 15-09-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

anyone bought the 20th anniversary of ''Cowboys From Hell''??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

didnt know there was one...

Is there anything extra with it, DVD or unreleased tracks for exmaple? And how much is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboys-Hell-Anniversary-Remastered-Expanded/dp/B003HN7BYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1284579514&sr=8-1

Saw it in HMV the other day, bit pricey (think it was 20 - 25!). Really want to get it though! Ah I'll just get it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

There was an unreleased track that they put on the facebook page as an advanced preview. There was a thread about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

yeah i might get it, i dunno, there's only 1 extra unreleased track, and the riff is same as 5 minutes alone. but was wondering if its worth buying for the extra cd's of demo's? i am getting the deluxe version of down dvd diary of a mad band though for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

There was an unreleased track that they put on the facebook page as an advanced preview. There was a thread about it...

that was an excellent track tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nodferatu wrote: »
    yeah i might get it, i dunno, there's only 1 extra unreleased track, and the riff is same as 5 minutes alone. but was wondering if its worth buying for the extra cd's of demo's? i am getting the deluxe version of down dvd diary of a mad band though for sure

There are two extra cds with it. One is demo versions of the album tracks, and the other is live versions of the tracks from the Cowboys From Heel tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

that was an excellent track tbh

ur sigs way to big man

Kess73 wrote: »
    There are two extra cds with it. One is demo versions of the album tracks, and the other is live versions of the tracks from the Cowboys From Heel tour.

Hehehehehehe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Zombienosh wrote: »
    ur sigs way to big man

I thought it was part of the post there for a while and was trying to figure out what it was doing there. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm loving the sound of this, I haven't listened to Pantera in ages. Going to wait til it goes down a bit first before getting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

ur sigs way to big man
    You know what annoys me a lot more than sigs that are too big? Fucking txt speek. Vowels, correct spelling and punctuation don't cost anything.

I turned sigs off years ago, here's how: Click here, scroll down to the "Thread Display Options" sections and untick "Show Signatures". Click Save Changes and you should be all set.

Back on topic, I didn't even know there was a re-release of this album happening. Far Beyond Driven has always been my favourite Pantera album as it was the first album of theirs that I bought. I wonder what are the chances of it getting a re-release in 2014?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Far Beyond Driven has always been my favourite Pantera album as it was the first album of theirs that I bought. I wonder what are the chances of it getting a re-release in 2014?

Haha! Me too! Threadual high five <smack>.

But seriously would love to hear a remastering of that. Maybe a track titled "Thirty Minutes Alone". Would be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Malice_ wrote: »
    You know what annoys me a lot more than sigs that are too big? Fucking txt speek. Vowels, correct spelling and punctuation don't cost anything.

i luv txt spk, i dunno y u dnt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Vulgar display is my fav album, lots of hits, nice short heavy songs, great riffs etc.

Love Cemetary gates on cowboys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

i luv txt spk, i dunno y u dnt like it.
    From the charter:
    NO TEXT SPEAK.
    As it says.

So let's have no more of it on this thread or any others in Rock & Metal or I will be handing out infractions.

I think the funniest thing about this album is Phil's introduction to Cemetery Gates on the bonus live disc from 1990
    this one you might all hear on your local radio man, see if you all can shoot a ****in cum load on this one....show your hands....

Far Beyond Driven and The Great Southern Trendkill my fave Pantera albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

if anyones intrested ,i saw power metal on vynl in borderline yesterday .

i was gonna get it ,but then two slayer vynl caught my eye

if anyones intrested ,i saw power metal on vynl in borderline yesterday

I wish I was able to get it - not least of all because it's an extremely rare piece in it's original form (although the 2009 re-issue costs about £15)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

if anyones intrested ,i saw power metal on vynl in borderline yesterday.

There's a ton of bootleg vinyl in there also, so be careful what you pick up.

• Advertisement

They are a band I miss a lot, gutted I wasn't old enough to realise their genius and see them live before fate played a cruel hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

One band that I regret not being able to see live.

They bucked the trend of crappy "metal" that was around in the nineties.

They are a band I miss a lot, gutted I wasn't old enough to realise their genius and see them live before fate played a cruel hand

yeah same here i only got into them properly around dimebags death, i had owned one of their Cd's at the time, but i was a bit young to really appreciate proper metal at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I got the boxset for Christmas. No disc drive on my netbook so will just download the demo & live albums. I love it though, so cool. The booklet is great. I'll keep it safe and when my future kid becomes a Pantera fan i can show them some very cool merch. I'll prob sell it on ebay if it's still around in 20 years. Haha!

Advertisement