Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spannish lessons ?

• 15-09-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hi is there anywhere in waterford city that does cheap spannish lesson ? or am i better of to learn from a cd or did anyone ever try the cd u pot on while u sleep :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fludlle

I cud give you spanish lessons, send me an e-mail on fludlle@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Fludlle, how long would it take to speak Spanish?? I have a few words but not enough to think about moving over there to live & work with confidence. The way Ireland is rapidly becoming a island of misery & woe I would consider re-locating somewhere in Spain for the lifestyle & climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Fludlle, how long would it take to speak Spanish?? I have a few words but not enough to think about moving over there to live & work with confidence. The way Ireland is rapidly becoming a island of misery & woe I would consider re-locating somewhere in Spain for the lifestyle & climate.

Sure go there for weather, but economically Spain is more screwed.

I reckon if you are really enthusiastic about learning the language you will pick it up pretty fast, maybe spend a few months learning some basics and if you were to move over there i would reccomend doing an intensive course when you arrive. There is a lot of teaching english acadamys over there which don't require qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

hi flud are u based in waterford?

• Advertisement

yes im in the ardkeen/ ballygunner area!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

re u ame and native speaker me and my gf are lookin for lessons moving there next year so need to be able to speak spanish okish by then

I wonder cud yee all contact my e-mail address fludlle@hotmail.com as this is getting a bit confusing! not sure who im dealing with!!
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

there are enough english speakers in most parts of Spain for you to be able to cope ok for the first few months, whilst picking up bits of spanish day to day.

I spoke no spanish when I moved there, but was able to hold a decent conversation after 2 or 3 months.

If any work came up there, I would be back in a flash. Sure the economy is bad there, but your cost of living is a lot lower there, and the standard of living is significantly higher.

Advertisement